Failing Can Be Devastating

Failing Can Be Devastating

Failure is just a part of Gods plans in our lives for us to succeed.

6
Failing Can Be Devastating
innovation management

There is not a single person on this earth who hasn't failed at something. It could have been a class, not making an audition, losing a ball game or even the ending to an important relationship. Regardless, it happens and if it's anything you put your heart and soul into, well lets face it. Failure hurts.

The definition of failure is simply " a lack of success". Along with failure comes the downfall of our emotions. This includes our pride, disappointment, loss of self-worth and confidence. How can we deal with failure?

Failure is inevitable. At some point in our life, we all deal with it. When it happens, it hurts. So how can we go about handling it?

1. Failure is a part of life

I struggle with remembering this. I work so much with school and my job, when I fail it can take a lot out of me. Knowing that failure is a necessity to succeed, can help us move on, and try again.

2. Failure is actually a lesson

Thomas Edison is mostly known for (of course), his invention of the incandescent lightbulb. While he is known as a brilliant and innovative thinker, one thing we don't really mention is how many times he had to start over to get it to work . He says in his famous quote "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work". We have heard this a thousand times, but there really is truth to his statement. If we learn from our mistakes, from our failures it will benefit us better in the long run. We learn from that experience, and we can apply what we have learned the next time we try.

3. It keeps you in your place

One thing I never want to be is self absorbed with myself. I personally think part of Gods plans in our failure is to remind us that we are simple humans. Failure keeps us humble in the times that we will succeed. It helps us remember we need God just as much in our high times as we do in our low times.

4. You can help someone else

Failure gives you the experience in that type of situation, so you can help someone else who is struggling with the same thing.

Remembering these things can help you when you do fail. It will help you keep a positive mindset even though the situation didn't go quite as planned. Failure isn't really a fail.....its just a lesson, a necessity to move on to big and better things. It helps you improve yourself, and even try harder then you did before. Failure is just a part of Gods plans in our lives for us to succeed.