I Failed To Do 23 Things Before Turning 23

But that's OK.

189
bohed/pixaby

Roughly six months ago I wrote an article "23 Things To Do Before Turning 23." Well, unsurprisingly I failed to complete all 23 items on the list. But that's okay because while I didn't accomplish all 23 things on my list I did have a lot of other great experiences.

What I did accomplish...

1. First post-graduate job.

I did accomplish this. In fact, not only did I get one job, I got two! I now work as a Before and After School Site Director for The Y and a woman with many hats at Durable Life Skills, Inc.

2. Travel someplace new and go on a road trip.

I combined these two since for me they go hand in hand. I took a road trip across the country to my new home (and a place I had never been before) Colorado.

3. Spend some time volunteering.

4. Go for a hike.

Lucas and I spent several weekends hiking different trails. I loved it.

What I sort of accomplished...

1. Read more than one book for pleasure.

I finished two and started two others but haven't finished them yet. I finished adultolescence by Gabbie Hanna and The Couple Next Door which if you click the link you can read a review of written by Savannah Little. I started A Dog's Purpose which the only reason I haven't finished is that sometimes it's too sad.

2. Finish a DIY project.

My goal for this is to finish a large crochet blanket. I put this under the sort of column because while I started three blankets I only finished one...the baby blanket.

3. Find a new hobby, learn a new skill, and learn a new sport.

I put this under the sort of accomplished because I half did all three in one go. I tried air pistol which is a sport, that some do as a hobby, and requires skill.

4. Take on a 30-day challenge.

This goes under the sort of because I got behind in my #inktober drawings and obviously October ends after my birthday.

What I didn't accomplish...

1. Become financially knowledgeable.

I still pay my bills on time, I always file my taxes (but I use a service), and while I didn't learn anything new I am trying to work on budgeting...my time.

2. Spend 24 hours device free.

Yeah...that didn't happen. I do go hours device free but 24 hours is not reasonable when I have two jobs.

3. Learn to cook something by actually following the directions and learn to cook brunch.

I didn't touch either of these but pretty soon for my second job I will have to attempt the first part.

4. Go to a music festival or see your favorite band/artist in concert.

5. Adopt a pet.

I am not in a place where financially I am ready for this. As much as I want a dog and as many times I go look at the dogs for adoption before I turned 23 was not the time.

6. Run a half marathon.

I was going to on the day of my 23rd birthday but I have to work.

7. Take a mixology class.

8. Try a fitness class.

This one I did actually attempt to accomplish. A friend and I made plans to try Zumba and power yoga but have yet to actually go.

9. Grow a window garden.

I killed a cactus plant that I managed to keep alive for 2 years and in a car across country. I also killed a succulent.

10. Go whale watching.

11. Try skydiving.

What wasn't on my list but did happen...

1. Made friends in my new home state.

My coworkers are awesome and I am so

2. Moved in with my boyfriend.

3. Got engaged.