23 Things To Do Before Turning 23

23 Things To Do Before Turning 23

You're turning 23, time to try something new.

8546
23 Things To Do Before Turning 23
Flickr

In just a little over six months, I'll be turning 23. So what better time than now to write what some might call, a bucket list.

1. Get your first post-graduate job.

2. Become financially knowledgeable.

I pay my bills on time, I have a savings account, but what I don't know how to do is my taxes or how to live on a budget. I know I'm not alone in this so what better time to learn then post graduation?

3. Spend 24 hours device free.

I've gone 24hrs without my cell phone before but never completely device-free. So why not give it a try before turning 23 and see the different ways that you can occupy your time. It could be fun.

4. Read more than one book for pleasure.

When is the last time you read a book for fun? Or better yet, when is the last time you actually finished reading a book you started just for fun?

5. Finish a DIY project.

Pinterest is full of these. My goal is to actually finish a large crochet blanket instead of just stuffing it somewhere a quarter of the way through. A feat I have only accomplished once.

6. Travel some place new.

It doesn't have to be anywhere big, fancy, or expensive just somewhere you've never gone before.

7. Learn how to cook something by actually following the directions.

I never follow the directions when cooking something so whenever someone asks for the recipe I have to scribble all of my little edits on it for them.

8. Learn how to prepare a brunch.

For me, this means learn how to make pancakes. Yes, I do not know how to make pancakes. Please feel free to mock me.

9. Find a new hobby.

Just find something to do in your free time just for fun.

10. Run a half-marathon.

And, obviously, train for one. We'll see how possible this is for me to accomplish in six months but for the rest of you who have more time DO IT!

11. Go on a road trip.

Spend a few days in the car seeing the sights of the states you've never seen before. Make random stops for fun. Be spontaneous.

12. Go to a music festival or see your favorite band/artist in concert.

13. Adopt a pet.

But only if you have the financial means and the maturity to so. So maybe instead learn about the pet you want to adopt and what it takes to do adopt it.

14. Take a mixology class.

You're going to be 23 soon, why not learn how to make a really yummy drink? It could be something fun to make for a party you may host.

15. Go for a hike.

I'm not talking about just walking up a trail, I mean spend the whole day there. Explore. Enjoy nature.

16. Try a fitness class.

You might find that you like zumba, pilates, yoga, spinning, etc. but you'll never know if you don't try.

17. Learn a new skill.

Pick up a second language, learn how to plunge a toilet, cooking, time management, organization.

18. Take on a 30 day challenge.

You could do 30 days of doodling, a workout challenge, a poem a day....There are so many of these, pick one and go for it!

19. Grow a window garden.

20. Go whale watching.

Or bird watching. Or see the Northern Lights.

21. Learn a new sport.

If the fitness class isn't your thing maybe a sport is. Again, you never know until you try.

22. Spend time volunteering.

This is not only good for your soul but good for others.

23. Try skydiving.

This seems to be the trendy thing to do so give it a go!