Expectation Versus Reality: College Edition

Stop dreaming....

5
Google

Let's admit it. We all come to college having expectations and then reality hits. Soon enough, we come to accept reality.

Eating healthy

Expectation: Let's be honest most of us come to college expecting to eat the well-balanced meals that we see all the college students in movies.

Reality: Let's admit movies are more often than not a dream of what we would like life to be like. When a college student says they are grabbing lunch, most likely they mean that they are probably getting some sort of junk food, like chips and a soda (probably caffeinated).

Internet Speeds

Expectation: Again coming from movies, the WiFi is going to load everything as quickly as you want.

Reality: Sorry to disappoint. But if you want that kind of internet speed invest in your own WiFi. More often once 3 pm hits, doing your homework requires reloading the internet several times. Sometimes you might be lucky enough that the internet will stop working all together.

Printing

Expectation: Every thing will print perfectly the first time.

Reality: Let's face it the campus will work whenever you don't need it. But the moment you go to print something that you really need for your class in an hour, it will refuse to print. Just to avoid all the hassle, better to just invest in your own.

How Long It Will Take To Get A Degree

Expectation: We all can get a degree in under four years...

Reality: Who are we kidding? Most of us will drop out for a year or two just to afford school... We will have to work for minimum wage just to afford the rest of our education...