I Saw My Ex With The Next Girl, And Because I Care About Him, I'm Not Jealous Of Her, I'm Happy For Him

I always thought if I truly cared about someone, seeing them happy with someone else would make me jealous.

8352

We have all been there. Mindlessly scrolling through social media and then we see that post. We see someone we once saw a future with creating it with someone else. However this time it was really different. A lot of times when we say we are happy for someone we don't really mean it.

We just say it because that's how we think we should feel and want to seem gracious – but this time I meant it.

I always thought if I truly cared about someone that seeing them happy with someone else would make me jealous. Now I see it doesn't always have to be that way. When I saw you smiling and laughing with another girl I was surprised when I reacted by smiling back at you on my screen. Maybe it was because the reason we aren't together has nothing to do with how much we cared about each other, or how compatible we are. To be honest, I have never clicked better with anyone else.

Maybe it's because I see no flaws in you, or rather I saw myself in you. You never ever hurt me and you always did right by me. Since I think you are the best man I have met so far, I only wanted your happiness. Truly, I always cared about you and I always will care about you.

My heart is happy for you. I am glad that when we parted ways, you left feeling more confident about yourself than ever before.

Now you stand up straight and you aren't afraid to be yourself. I knew I was setting you up for success, and to only accept someone who saw your value and treated you with the same respect I did for you. You are everything I could hope for in a person, and you give me hope that there are other people like you out there. I don't regret one moment I spent with you. I am glad to see you shine. I hope she sees you for the incredible person that you are. I also know that my time is coming.

When you see me laughing with someone else, I know you will be smiling back at your screen too.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.