Everyone Has To Grow Up

Everyone Has To Grow Up

You get to make your own choices, now do what makes you happy.

508
Everyone Has To Grow Up
breonnah carden

There comes a point in your life when you realize it is time to grow up.

To start making your own decisions.

To be your own person.

To handle your own finances.

Growing up is not always fun but with it come a lot of great accomplishments. You can make your own choices which you've wanted to be able to do your whole life. No one can tell you what to do anymore because you are your own person.

Some parents will find it hard to let go and let you grow up but others will push you right out of the door, especially if they do not agree with choices you are making. Some parents want and think they should have control over their children their whole lives, this is not the case.

You need to be able to grow up and do what makes you happy regardless of what family or anyone else thinks because you are an adult. There are so many choices you can make at the age of 18 or maybe a little older.

You get to decide if you want to go to college or not, and where you want to go if you make the choice to go.

Chances are your parents want you to go to school and finish but that is your choice. Do not let them force you to go to school. If you do not have to motivation to go then you are not going to try and it's just wasting money when you fail your classes.

You get to decide who you want to be in a relationship with.

Your parents should only want you to be happy, they should be happy you are happy but unfortunately that is not always the way it goes. If your parents or family does not like the person you are in a relationship with it can make things difficult but if you are happy that is all that matters. Either they will get over it or make the choice to not see you as much.

You get to decide if you move in with your significant other.

If you feel you are at the point in your relationship that you want to move in with your boyfriend or girlfriend then do it. Get out from under your parents' roof and start making your own rules.

You get to decide if you want to start a family with someone and begin having children.

If you love the person you are with and feel that you are ready for a baby then do it. Babies are a blessing and a wonderful thing to share with someone. Your parents probably don't want you to have a baby yet, but guess what? You are old enough to make the choice to have that baby and to support it.

All of these choices are now yours and no one can stop you. Do what makes you happy and follow your dreams, not someone else's.

Doing these things without your parents agreeing makes things hard, but make yourself happy.

It's your turn to be the adult.

But with growing up and leaving the house its time to say goodbye to your family pets, your brothers and sisters, and your childhood home. Walking away is not easy, moving out is not easy, but it will be okay. Your siblings will always be there, but they are growing up right along with you. They won't be the babies they used to be when you come back to visit.

Before you know it your baby brother and sister will be moving out just as you did. They will be starting a family just like you did. And when they do this you have to remember that you wanted to be able to make your own choices as an adult so you have to let them, no matter how much you still want to tell them what to do because you are older. Let them make their own mistakes and let them accomplish things on their own. If they need you they will come to you.

Everyone grows up.