5 Supportive Essential Oil Blends To Help You Ace This School Year

From the dire need for a late night boost of energy or the best aromatic remedy for feeling under the weather, this article has you covered!

40
Kirsten Murray

Picture this: You're sitting at your desk, trying to finish up a long reading due for tomorrow, but you feel your eyes glazing over the page, again and again, pleading with your brain to somehow soak in that last paragraph so you can call it a night. Most would say to stand up, stretch, walk around for a bit and then return to it. But, I've come to find that an even better solution to mental, emotional or physical fatigue comes in the form of essential oils. There are endless kinds out there, however, it can be difficult to figure out which oils go together in order for you to reap the best results. But, no matter what kind of roadblock you've got going on, there is an essential oil out there to aid you and I'm here to introduce you to five wonderful blends that anyone can replicate.

1. Patchouli, Lemon & Lavender

Kirsten Murray

This is one of my favorite blends to diffuse for winding down in the evening, especially after a busy day! Patchouli is a very soothing oil with a gentle, earthy scent and is excellent for balancing the mood. Lemon, as we know, is practically sunshine in a bottle and is a very bright, uplifting oil, helping you to stay positive and reflect on the bright side of your day. Lastly, Lavender is incredibly calming and will remind you to keep breathing and bring you a sense of fulfillment and peace.

2. Rosemary, Bergamot & Lavender

Kirsten Murray

This blend is perfect for late mornings/early afternoons, when you're ready to jump into that homework load and get ahead of the game! Rosemary is known for helping to improve concentration and maintain focus, which equals more productivity and a fulfilling sense of achievement! Bergamot, aka the oil that can literally fix anything, is a tamer version of a citrus fruit and though mildly bright, does a fantastic job at uplifting the mood any day, even rainy ones! Finally, Lavender will help you stay level-headed and relaxed, even with the most strenuous of assignments.

3. Cedarwood, Frankincense & Lavender

Kirsten Murray

Do you often have trouble falling asleep? With this blend, your eyes will shut as soon as your head hits the pillow. Cedarwood, not often talked about, is a very musky, woodsy scent, reminiscent of a cedar chest, and is excellent for alleviating stressful feelings and promoting deep sleep. On the other hand, Frankincense is a spicy, earthy scent, and helps to soothe anxious thoughts and calm down the mind before bed. And finally -- you guessed it -- Lavender will continuously help to relax you physically and emotionally, so that you can sleep with a clear mind, free of any wandering thoughts.

4. DoTERRA Breathe, Peppermint & Tea Tree

Kirsten Murray

Autumn is dawning upon us, and we all know what that means -- the season of sniffles. But before you reach for another tissue or cough drop, try this blend to help open up those airways and relieve some of that sinus pressure. First up, DoTERRA Breathe is an incredible pre-made blend, containing several favorites like Eucalyptus, Peppermint, Tea Tree, Lemon, Cardamom and so much more. The first whiff of this bottle will send an icy cool blast up into your airways and help you to breathe deeply through your nose, not your mouth. Peppermint provides a wonderful, cooling sensation, and Tea Tree contains many cleansing and anti-bacterial properties, helping to give that extra boost of protection for your immune system.

5. Sweet Orange, Peppermint & Rosemary

Kirsten Murray

If you're feeling groggy after getting out of bed in the morning, this is a great blend to help you wake up and greet the day! Sweet Orange, full of zest and cheer, will help boost levels of energy throughout the day and keep your mind and body alert! Peppermint, also known for improving energy levels, gives you an extra oomph of positive stimulation to keep moving forward. Finally, Rosemary will keep you on track for your list of to-dos during the day, and help tune out any background noise of extra distractions or stressors.

As you can see, essential oils are such an incredible benefit to the mind, body and soul. I only began exploring the world of essential oils only a few months ago, but I already feel that more knowledgeable about how to pair certain oils together to achieve the type of relief I'm seeking, and I hope this article has done the same for you too. School never gets any easier, nor does life, but with some killer essential oils by your side, you will make it through! Keep diffusing, and think happy thoughts, no matter what the trial! :)