Stop Saying The Phrase "I Can't Wait Until"

Learn to enjoy the present

429
Isabella Nowak

Just enjoy where you are now.

When you were younger, you couldn't wait until you were 13 so you could finally be allowed to watch PG 13 movies. When you turned 13, you couldn't wait until you were 16 so you could drive a car. When you turned 16, you couldn't wait until you were 18 so you could go to rated R movies without your parents.

You couldn't wait until you were 18 so you could say you were an adult. You couldn't wait until you were 18 so you could graduate from high school. When you turned 18, you couldn't wait until you were in college. When you were in college, you couldn't wait until you were 21 so you could legally drink. When you turned 21, you couldn't wait until you could graduate and start a career. When you graduated, you couldn't wait until you could get married and have children. And so it continues.

Just enjoy where you are now.

Instead of thinking about how amazing your future will be and how lame the present is, think of how you can make your everyday life more enjoyable. By living every day thinking about the future, you are missing the very moments you are in. If you keep looking to the future for your happiness, you will never find it. Find joy and solace in today.

Just enjoy where you are now.