Embrace Your Forehead, And All Your Insecurities

Five stars is better than three.

1686
taren swartz

Tonight, an old friend from my past visited me, the forehead smack. Ever since I was little, people have been smacking my forehead. I do not know what makes people want to smack my forehead, but it really does open my eyes. I have what one might call a five-star forehead. Why five stars because the forehead system works a lot like how hotels and movies are rated. The more stars the better the quality. Next time someone teases you about your enormously large forehead, remind them that many people have normal sized foreheads, like a three star, some even maybe a four star, but only a lucky few of us are so graciously blessed with a full five stars. However, do not let this go to your head. Six-stars is unheard of and having a huge ego is not going to give you that extra forehead boost that you are looking for.

Embrace your forehead. You may try to get bangs, but that will work out horribly because your hairline is back kinda far. At the time, you will think “Oh my gosh! Finally, people will not make fun of me for having a large forehead.” But, you are wrong. It will still happen. When something is just so magnificent people will always feel the need to talk about it. For example, people still talk about the Great Wall of China and that was built forever ago. Why? Because it is great. People still talk about the Great Barrier Reef. Why? Because it is great, regardless of the fact that we are recklessly killing it. People talk about the Seven Ancient Wonders of the World, too. Why? None of them are small or average, they are wonders. What makes them wonders? They are massive structures.

My point here is embrace your natural features. Sure, people may make jokes about them, but they are what makes you unique. And, maybe your doctor roasted you when you came out of the womb and said that you had the biggest forehead he ever delivered, but who cares? You cannot let the criticisms of others define you. There is seriously no point in living in the negative moments. Life is too short for you to have a constant fear that your forehead is too big or your eyes are too small. Chances are the things that are bothering you the most other people barely even notice.

Unless its body odor, 99% of the time that you have body odor people notice. Please use deodorant, preferably without aluminum, because smelling bad is totally changeable. Also, I feel like I should not have to say this but I will anyways, do not forget to wipe. Please take showers, and more importantly, shower with soap. Seriously, wash your hair and brush your teeth too. There is no reason for you to smell bad. Taking care of yourself is important, do not be lazy.

So ladies, gentlemen, and anything and everything in between, have a nice day. Stay fresh and remember to embrace your insecurities. A dam with a crack is more susceptible to leaking.