Embrace Every Single Awkward Moment That Happens When Dating
relationships

Embrace Every Single Awkward Moment That Happens When You're Dating

Because, sometimes, life can get awkward and there is nothing wrong with that.

2087
Kelsey Dietrich

Awkward moments are guaranteed to happen in all aspects of your life no matter how old you are. One particular aspect of life where awkward moments are definitely going to happen, that you should probably brace yourself for, is dating. I learned very quickly that when you start to date somebody, they are going to experience you at times that are not always good (or planned). When you begin spending more time with another person, you both will eventually experience some moments that you probably never even imaged could occur.

Relationships are not always perfect because human beings are not always perfect. People are flawed and that is OK.

There is something about experiencing the most awkward of moments together that really brings your relationship even closer. At first, you may be thinking that this is impossible. Wouldn't all of your flaws and awkward moments lead your significant other to feel repulsed by you? How can somebody ever become more attracted by you when you possess imperfections?

In reality, everyone has these moments and quirks that may result in feelings of embarrassment. By openly embracing these awkward qualities and moments, you are actually showing signs of positive self-image and acceptance of the way things are in life; instead of being repulsed by this, there is a good chance that your significant other will actually feel more attracted to you. Appropriate self-confidence levels and positive self-talk will prevent you from developing a pessimistic mindset.

When you initially begin dating someone, things seem to be more private until you really get to know one another. This length of time is different for all couples; there is no such thing as one timeline fitting all couples. Furthermore, awkward and uncomfortable moments are bound to occur. In the beginning, the initial awkward experiences you live through together may seem unending and something that you probably will never recover from.

However, as you continue to grow and develop into different forms of yourself, as well as the growth and development together as a couple, you will realize a few important things.

First, the awkward moments that you experienced really were not that bad.

In your mind, it can be easy to ruminate over events and create unnecessary worries. In reality though, be sure to take some time to step back from the situation to really grasp what is happening. Chances are, it is not as awful as you are imagining it to be.

Secondly, awkward experiences bring forth a wonderful opportunity to learn from the situation.

In the future, you will be able to handle different levels of emotions that were consequential of this moment you deemed awkward. Additionally, you may learn how to better approach future situations that are similar to this one you have just live through. Ultimately, life is about constantly striving to absolve your personal ignorance of the world. As you date, no matter how old you are or what number relationship this is for you, there is always going to be something to learn and something to improve upon - all thanks to the presence of awkward moments.

Lastly, working through awkward moments, no matter how uncomfortable they are, will assist your relationship in more of a positive manner than you will ever expect.

By showing your vulnerability to your significant other, you are letting them see a side of you that may be more private; this will bring the two of you closer. Additionally, as you experience these moments together, you are given an opportunity to realize that you are both humans learning and gaining new experiences simultaneously. This realization has the potential to ease worries regarding how you will ever recover from an awkward experience no matter how small it is.

Thus, embrace the times when you think that the worst possible scenario is occurring. In the end, these moments will make you stronger as an individual and, as paradoxical as it sounds, these awkward moments will propel your relationship with your significant other to a whole new level of feeling comfortable with one another.