11 Facts About Me

11 Facts About Me

(FACT: Eleven is my favorite number.)

455
11 Facts About Me
Personal photo

I’m not sure why but I have always been very curious about people and the lives they lead. One of my favorite pastimes when I’m not studying is watching youtube videos- especially facts about me. I decided what better way to get my writing foot through the door than with some neat info about myself! Here are some things you should know.

1. I have never owned a dog or cat, but I did have sugar gliders and guinea pigs

You probably just read that and thought “What the hell is a sugar glider?” and the closest answer I can give you is a cross between a chipmunk and a flying squirrel. Their names were Darla and Darwin. My guinea pigs names were Coco and Scooter. Coco looked like a giant coco puff, and scooter would run around the cage in circles. I’m not very creative with names...

2. I have Celiac’s disease and I’m gluten free

I can’t eat wheat, barle, or rye BUT there are plenty of substitutes these days. Many people ask me what would I eat, and would I be gluten free even if I didn’t have celiac disease. Honestly, I would still probably maintain my gluten free diet because it’s not as bad as everyone thinks! The two foods I miss more than anything though are funnel cake and panera bread mac & cheese. I’ve already decided thats how I’m gonna go out, funnel cake... and mac & cheese.

3. My brother has autism

His name is Danny, he’s 19 years old, he goes to college at Evergreen State, has friends, a great sense of humor, and no it was not caused by vaccines. He’s just like any other normal person (but better).

4. My father is in the military

My dad has been serving for 26 years now. I grew up with frequent deployments, shopping at the comissary and NEX, living in small towns, and moving every 3-4 years. I missed plenty of birthdays and Christmases without him but know he was serving his country and I couldn’t be prouder of who he is today!

5. My mom taught at the high school I went to

Yes...I was embarrassed...A LOT. No... I could never skip school...EVER. She teaches drama and creative writing and it suits her personality well. I like to think of my mom as my own personal Miss Frizzle.

6. I had surgery to remove a teratoma

A teratoma is a type of tumor that grows really odd things in it, such as hair, teeth, even nails. Mine was about the size of a dollar coin and attached to my ovary. The scar is only about two inches wide and hardly noticeable. I think there was a tooth and some hair in mine... I didn’t bother to look at the pictures the pathologist sent.

7. I can sleep almost anywhere

I’m not such a heavy sleeper that I won’t wake up if you shake me, but I’ve been known to fall asleep on airplane floors, curled up like a cat in a chair, anyones couch, even on a bus. I’m a very sleepy girl.

8. Both my parents fell in love at the University of Miami

My mom was in the hurricannettes as a baton twirler, my dad was a trumpet player in band, and their first kiss was on Halloween. My parents love story is truly something out of movies.

9. I can play three instruments

I grew up learning the piano, then the saxophone, played bass guitar and then accoustic which are technically different but very similar because the four strings on a bass guitar are the same as the first four on an accoustic

10. I travel a TON

I’ve been to Paris, London, Barcelona, Lisbon, and a few places in Canada, most major cities in the US, lived in Texas, Washington, South Carolina, and many places in Florida, and driven through or visited 40 states in the US.

11. I like to call myself an aqua-holic

I drink A LOT of water. I’ve never actually tried to measure how much I drink, but it’s definitely more than the reccomended 8 cups a day. I’m waiting for the day when scientists invent a water bottle that refills itself, because constantly having to leave my dorm or class to refill my water bottle is pretty annoying