In The Aftermath Of Trump's Victory
Politics

In The Aftermath Of Trump's Victory

An end to the election of 2016.

24
In The Aftermath Of Trump's Victory
Getty Images

Trump Triumphs

As most people know, Tuesday's events were nerve-wracking for both candidates, and voters all around the world. It didn't take long for Trump to win Kentucky. With Hillary only 3.7% popular vote counts, Trump won it by a landslide with 62.5% popular vote count, winning him 8 electoral votes. Candidate Gary Johnson wasn't far behind, but he only had 2.8% popular votes. According to Facebook, many Kentuckians are either outraged, or grateful with the outcome from Kentucky. One person commented on Lex18's (a local news station's Facebook page) post stating, "I wasn't happy with either choice. However, I'm glad he is president. Come on America! Hang on to his words for now, "Make America great again! She hasn't even focused on America this whole election," which many others agree.

Aside from Kentucky, everyone who watched the live vote polls knows good and well that Pennsylvania was a nail biter, and a plot twist in voting history. Since 1996, Pennsylvania has been Democratically-conquered; 2016 is the game changer. Pennsylvania is also considered to be a battleground state in elections. At first around 10 p.m Hillary was in the lead with 47% while Trump was at 46%; then almost near the end, Trump stole Pennsylvania from Hillary, giving him 20 electoral votes. Trump ended up winning with 2,887,198 votes while Clinton ended up with 2,813,243.

The Aftermath of The Election

After the election, riots broke out in several places. People burning down business, smashing police car windshields, and causing havoc. My mother always said, "If you don't vote, you can't complain." She also said, "You can't always get what you want." And after Clinton's failure, a lot of people are rioting, yet calling it "protesting." If there's one thing I know about the right to protest, it's that it states, peaceful protesting. And these riots are anything but. Rioting is: A riot is a form of civil disorder commonly characterized by a group lashing out in a violent public disturbance against authority, property or people. While protesting is a statement or action expressing disapproval of or objection to something. What these 'protesters' think is okay, is not. They wanted peace and everyone to be united, but that is not what is happening! They are causing the violence that they just before the election, preached about.

Canada's Immigration Website Went Down

After the election, the website for becoming a Canadian citizen went down. According to CNN, "It seems it's not only celebs who are making plans to flee Donald Trump's presidency....As Trump surged ahead in Tuesday night's election, Canada's immigration website crashed, posting a '500 - Internal server error' message."

@MadeInCanada tweeted out, "The Canadian immigration website has crashed. Seriously. #electionnight" Although the website accusations are true, some speculated otherwise, "That wasn't a crash. Canada was just smart enough to shut it down before Democrats found out how to get there illegally!" Despite the feud between the two parties STILL going on, others are peacefully waiting on the act of moving to happen. Greg Blouser even stated via Facebook, "I don't see why everyone is moving, and why everyone is still hating on each other. We need to just get along now, and pray for what our country needs to get done, which is through Donald Trump. Also, for all you people going to Canada, good luck. Website's down." What many Americans do not know is that Canada has immigration laws more strict than us! There is something in Canada called, Admissions Classes! They allow several classes of people to enter, and there are many requirements to become a citizen such as, language abilities, knowledge of Canada, prohibitions, intent to reside, time you have lived in Canada, and of course, your age.