Thanksgiving Has A Whole New Meaning This Year, And I've Never Been More Grateful For Life's Blessings

Although we've made a lot of sacrifices this year, I have never been more aware of how blessed that I am.

72

Thanksgiving season is all about remembering what you're thankful for. This year, a lot of people have expressed to me that it's never been harder to do. Personally, I've found it to be easier. There is so much crazy going on in the world right now, and it really puts life into perspective. I am more aware this year of what I am thankful for than any other year because it's those things that have kept me afloat during this tough time.

I am thankful for my family.

Even though it's been very difficult not being able to see my family at all or having to see them from a distance and not be able to feel their hugs, I am thankful that I have them. Nobody has supported and loved me more than my family has, and even though we all have to do that from a distance right now, I know that they will always be there to love and support me.

I am thankful for my faith.

One of the biggest things that has gotten me through this time is my faith in God. He has shown up for me in countless ways in this tough season. I'm thankful that I've been able to pray daily and put my faith in Him. Even though I might not understand why all of this has been happening, I'm learning to have peace and be comforted during this time through Him.

I am thankful for my education.

Online learning can be hard, but I am so thankful for the fact that I can still get my education during this time. Teachers and staff are working overtime right now to make things easier on us, and I am so grateful for them helping us get by as they are figuring things out as well.

I am thankful for my health.

As of right now, I have yet to contract COVID-19. I have never been more thankful for my health. Of course, there are those who are automatically more at risk than others, but no one knows how their body will take the virus. I am thankful that I have been able to continue to protect myself and my loved ones. I am thankful that I am healthy during this time.

This Thanksgiving, I am so thankful to be alive and well.