5 Easy Ways To Start Losing Weight With No Dieting Required

Curb your poor eating habits with these five easy ways to ensure you eat better.

49
Magic Slim

When you’re juggling multiple responsibilities such as school, work, family, and extracurricular activities, it can be hard to leave time to take care of yourself. You may find yourself overeating a lot due to the stress you’re undergoing. Or perhaps you find yourself not eating enough because there never seems to be enough time.

There are actions you can take to help keep your healthy life on track, and ensure you’re getting the nutrition you need:

1. Practice stress reduction.

Studies have indicated that stressing too much can lead to overeating and cravings for junk food. By practicing stress reduction techniques, you are allowing your body to find emotional balance and reducing your cravings for that coffee topped with whipped cream and late-night pizza. Try to accomplish your work in small increments as opposed to all at once. Allow yourself mini-breaks throughout the day, and step outside when possible.

Or simply allow yourself to zone out and just breathe.

These actions may seem small, but seriously— when was the last time you allowed yourself 10 minutes to breathe during a busy day? Some self-focus will help you in the long run.

2. Sleep enough.

When our bodies receive enough rest, the cravings for unhealthy carbs diminishes. You’re more inclined to eat poorly when you don’t sleep enough. The amount of sleep you should receive ranges on your age, so consider what the appropriate nightly amount is for you and try to achieve that.

You’ll feel better as the days go by, and it’ll allow you to make healthier eating choices.

3. Regulate your schedule.

Plan time for meals. You shouldn’t be hoarding in all your daily calories at once because then you’re body will be more inclined to store those calories as fat as opposed to burning them.

So plan a regular time to wake-up, eat five to six small meals a day, and then plan a time to be in bed by. Once you put your body on a regular schedule, it will function better and not need to rely on artificial, caffeinated, or greasy foods to get through the day.

4. Snacks-to-go.

If you can’t plan five to six small meals a day, then throw a few snacks in your bag for you to munch on when you get hungry.

Try unsalted cashews and cranberries, an apple, or a protein mix. These will help curb your eating habits, and you’ll notice how these little snacks will go a long way come dinner time. If you’re feeding yourself properly, you’ll be less inclined to overeat at the end of the day which means you’d be less likely to gain weight from poor eating habits.

5. Drink more water.

When we dehydrate ourselves by not drinking enough water, our brain confuses our need for hydration with hunger cravings—especially with cravings for salty foods. And instead of realizing we need to drink more water, we often indulge in foods that we shouldn’t because our body doesn’t really need them.

That poor eating habit can lead to weight gain, because instead of burning those unnecessary calories, our bodies will be more inclined to store them as fat. Become a healthier you by simply remembering to hydrate yourself all throughout the day.