Eat Better. Feel Better.

Eat Better. Feel Better.

Looking for healthy snacks? Look no further.
16

Returning back to college can be challenging on your diet. Every time you venture to the dining hall you're surrounded by dishes drenched in butter and creamy sauces, with overwhelming portions of pasta. Not to mention the large selection of chips and the bakery where nearly everything looks delicious. And of course you can't forget your school's ever-growing selection of deep fried foods. Trying to stick to a healthy diet can be hard. But, these quick and delicious recipes you can make in your dorm room will help you stay on track.

1. Siggi's yogurt and an RX Bar

Not a whole lot of meal prep here, just a little shopping! If you haven't tried Siggi's yogurt yet I would definitely recommend it. This was the mixed berry flavor topped with a handful of Quaker oats and blueberries. Adding fruit and oats or granola to your yogurt adds nutrition and helps keep you fuller, longer.

RX bars are something that I have recently tried and I am in love! They are made from all good stuff, taste great and are a great snack to keep in your bag to eat between classes instead of heading to the vending machine for chips.

2. Chocolate, Fruity Shake

This shake is made with all easy ingredients: about 5 strawberries, a handful of blueberries, oats, a half cup of milk, a handful of ice and chocolate whey protein powder. If you know you have a long day ahead of you, making a shake the night before will help you make it through the day without reaching for the bad stuff.

3. Fruit Smoothie

This shake is one of my favorites. It's made with 5 whole strawberries, half a banana, one scoop of whey protein, a handful of ice, a half cup of milk and topped with blueberries and oats. This is a great option for your mid afternoon snack to help keep you full and focused until dinner time.

4. Chobani Breakfast Bowl

This breakfast bowl is made with pomegranate Chobani yogurt, topped with blueberries, bananas, granola and oats. Instead of reaching for a bagel or muffin, take the extra few minutes to make this. It will keep you feeling fuller than a bagel or muffin would and you will feel so much better all day long.

5. Strawberry Shake

This smoothie is made with 7 strawberries, a teaspoon of peanut butter, a quarter cup of Quaker oats, a handful of ice, a scoop of protein, and a half cup of milk. Topped with sliced strawberries and oats for a delicious and nutritious snack.

6. Avocado Toast

Avocado toast is one of my favorite snacks. All you need is some whole wheat toast and an avocado and you've got lunch! It can also be topped with pepper, chia seeds or a little bit of salt.

7. Protein Treats On The Go

These are just some of my favorite protein snacks and bars. If you are looking to add more protein to your diet and just want to be able to grab something from your desk in the morning, I would recommend trying some different bars and brands to find out what you enjoy best. If you are looking for more tips and recipes, please follow my health & fitness Instagram page @wheyyummy .