Easy Steps To Get The Perfect Beach Body

Search no more for healthy ways to get that bikini body!

17
Myia Hambrick

It's summer! It is a time where we get to spend more time with the ones we love, make new memories and wear less clothes. I always enjoy summer and I look forward to it, but the one thing that is always on my mind no matter what is the fact that I will be in a bathing suit at some point. Sometimes, I don't like the way that looks so I would like to share some things that help me feel more confident.

First off, I would like to say that I realize that everyone is unique and beautiful no matter what. I hope that any woman who reads this understands that the only true way to have the perfect beach body is to put on a bathing suit, go to the beach and work what you have with confidence because you deserve it! I don't think there is anything wrong with wanting to better yourself though, so if you'd like to know more, keep your eyes on the page!

Eating healthier is one of the greatest things you can do for your body no matter what the season is. I really like to load up on fresh fruits and veggies and cut down on my carb intake. Carbs aren't bad, but if you're trying to slim down, this could be a good place to start. There is a misconception that eating healthy is expensive and while this may be true, if you don't buy prepackaged fruit and veggies it will save you money. You can also make smoothies, delicious summer salads and grill out using turkey burgers. Eating healthier may require more work but sometimes that can be a good thing! You may discover you love to cook!

One thing I still need to work on is drinking more water. That makes more of a difference than you realize in the way you look and feel. I find I am more energized when I drink more water consistently and I don't feel as bloated. When I don't feel as bloated, I feel better about myself. Basically, drinking more water is the little known catalyst in being healthier.

Exercise is also very important in reaching your body goals. You don't even have to become someone who works out 24/7! You can be healthier and be more fit without bulking up, plus I believe that all women are inherently strong anyways! You can take a simple walk for about an hour each day with a friend, significant other, or even your dog! I have recently found the Nike Training Club app. It is my favorite work out tool because you can change the intensity, look for various workouts ranging from 12-45 minutes and many professional athletes and pop stars like Ellie Goulding, work with Nike to create workouts. The friendly voice talks you through and each exercise has a tutorial. I also like to look up Zumba workouts on YouTube! They are fun and a break from the norm of running or lifting weights.

Another thing I like to do when I am becoming impatient or I need a quick solution, I reach for my monokini! A monokini is usually a one piece in the front and a two piece in the back. They come in a lot of different variations and places like Victoria's Secret are even jumping on the bandwagon with one pieces and monokinis. They are fun and unique and they hide my stomach which is a place I can never seem to get to look the way I want it to.

Sometimes I just want to rock a bikini no matter what I look like and that's such a great feeling! On these days, I put on the bikini and go with it. Now, I am not saying you won't look good if you don't exercise or eat healthy because everyone is made beautifully and everyone is different. I don't know about you but when I go to the beach I am looking to relax and get a tan, not to be photographed for a magazine. Looking like supermodels is not really realistic for me, so I know my limits and I know my body.

I am going to enjoy looking like a woman on the beach who is having a great vacation. I love being healthy and getting a good workout in as much as the next girl, but I don't want to compromise my happiness for that. Remember, any change you wish to see will be gradual, so be patient and don't give up! Your mental and physical changes will take time, but if you know it is for your own good, stick to it and prove to yourself that you are the determined woman you were meant to be! After all, being healthy isn't about being smaller than you are or larger than you are or being able to fill out a bathing suit more, or whatever the wish is.

It is about taking care of yourself and being the best you you can be.