Easy Ways To Cure A Cold

Easy Ways To Cure A Cold

The easy and cheap remedies every college student needs.

13
Easy Ways To Cure A Cold
Her Campus

What’s one of the worst things to happen to you in college? Getting sick. No parents to bring you soup, nobody to take pity on you (quite the opposite) and there’s not a tissue in sight. It’s hard taking care of yourself, especially on top of all the homework that needs to be done. With hundreds of dollars being poured into every class, missing a couple days can be drastic and stressful. As college students we need cheap and quick cures to get us back on track and taking home that diploma. So let’s take a peak at some of these quick and easy cures, especially with finals coming up the diseases will start coming in.

Drink, Drink, Drink

Fluids are so important when your sick. Water is super important to keep you hydrated and your body functioning properly. Let’s not forget orange juice and the vitamin C it is providing your body with is super important and can heal quickly. If you have a sore throat, then tea with honey will sooth it right away, not to mention you are still giving your body fluids. Throat Coat is an amazing tea for a sore throat.

Rest

It should be a pretty easy thing for you to get some quality sleep. That’s all we college kids do. But really, don’t just binge on Netflix all day. Sleep is when your immune system is at its strongest and your body needs that rest to process and fight off the disease. Sleep lots, even if it means some homework has to get pushed to the side.

Hot and Steamy Shower

Not only should this help you relax and loosen your muscles, it will allow any mucus built up in your throat or lungs to loosen and hopefully you can sneeze or cough it out. Not to mention it will be good to just open up your pores.

Sleep with an extra pillow under your head

This allows your nasal passages to drain right out.

Blow out

Make sure when you are sneezing our coughing, you really do it outward. Don’t just hold all that sickness in, get it out.

Open your windows!!

I know its hard in some areas when it gets cold. But fresh air is so good for sickness. You get clean oxygen flowing through your body and you are also airing out any germs that are staying in your room.

Medicines and all that can be helpful in this process, but you have to actually go get them and make sure you take them on time and don’t mix them, and plus too much medicine is not great for you. It really is better to let your body fight something as simple as a cold off on its own. Everyone has what works for them. So go forth, take on finals and be sure to cure that nasty cold with these cheap and easy remedies.