Way Too Early CFB Top 4 for 2018-19

Way Too Early CFB Top 4 for 2018-19

A preview of what's to come next season!

132
Way Too Early CFB Top 4 for 2018-19

College Football has come to a close and that can only mean one thing, it is time to make predictions for next year! I expect a lot of those same teams to be returning and trying to put together a run for the College Football National Championship. It was a great year of College Football and I would expect next year to be no different!

1. Alabama Crimson Tide

Obviously, Alabama will be favored as number one, especially if Nick Saban gives QB Tua Tagovailoa the green light for next year. Alabama lost both of their coordinators this year but the Crimson Tide are used to that so it should not be a problem. They will have to fill some holes on defense with the core declaring for the NFL Draft but recruiting has been stellar the past couple of years. It is almost treason to pick against Nick Saban nowadays so I’m not even going to try.

2. Georgia Bulldogs

Georgia Bulldogs QB Jake Fromm is a superstar in the making. The freshmen beat out Jacob Eason for the job and has not looked back ever since. He was lights out all season for Kirby Smart and developed very well in the system. There will be more pressure on him now though, especially with Sony Michel and Nick Chubb most likely going to the NFL. That Georgia defense with still be lethal even without Roquan Smith. Kirby Smart is a great coach and I could see them being built for the long haul.

3. Ohio State Buckeyes

The Buckeyes will for sure be in the mix even with the loss of JT Barrett. This is nothing new for Ohio State though, it was only a few years ago when a young Cardale Jones took over for JT Barrett at QB to win the National Championship in the first year that the College Football Playoff system was enacted. The running game should be stellar with Mike Weber and JK Dobbins as a tandem just as Nick Chubb and Sony Michel were for Georgia. Look for the Buckeyes to be a powerhouse in College Football once again next year!

4. Clemson Tigers

Clemson did not quite live up to expectations in the playoff, but who would blame them for not being able to beat the eventual National Champions? Dabo will be back and QB Kelly Bryant will be back, and I’m sure that they will be looking for revenge. Clemson is another one of those teams with a really good RB core that can burn you on the ground as well as in the air. Christian Wilkins is coming back for another year and that is a huge upside for the defense. Never sleep on the Clemson Tigers.