Eagles Vs. Patriots Through The Eyes Of An Outcast

Super Bowl LII is in less than a week and thousands of people are looking forward to it.

219
Mia Barbera

American football is one of the most watched sports in the U.S. Each fan has their own team that they are passionate about. The Super Bowl every year brings in thousands upon thousands of viewers, whether it is just for the halftime show, which is being performed by Justin Timberlake this year, or for the game itself. The Patriots are in the Super Bowl once again, playing the Philadelphia Eagles. I am a Philly fan currently attending school in New England territory.

Now, I am a very proud Eagles fan. I am sure that all other Philly fans can agree that this is the best chance we have at winning our first ring that we've had in a while...Possibly ever.

Yet, being a Philly fan in Pats territory is a difficult situation that I am sure others agree with. My sister had the same issue as she went to school in Massachusetts and had to live four years of being made fun of every time Philly lost, or just the fact that she was an outcast.

Luckily, I have gotten used to being an outcast, and being made fun of for who I root for. I mean, I live in Giants and Jets territory, so anytime I attend a game at Metlife Stadium, Giants fans always have choice words for me.

So, while I may not fit in here, with the few other Philly fans that attend this school, luckily I already know what it feels like to be an outcast. But as any proud fan of their team, a head will always be held high no matter the outcome, as well as a few tears that might be shed.

We are underdogs, and I have a good feeling that we will fly high.

To all my other Eagles fans out there, Go Birds!