The Dumbest Tweets Donald Trump Has Made About Climate Change

"Climate change is not a hoax."
2667

In response to Donald Trump’s absence from the Fox News Republican Debate in Iowa, here is a list of tweets of Donald Trump trying to disprove that global warming or otherwise known, as “climate change” does not exist.

1. Trump's assumption that global warming was created by the Chinese

According to Donald Trump, global warming was created by China to compete with U.S. manufacturing. In 2011, the global carbon dioxide emissions from fossil fuel combustion and some industrial processes consisted of the top countries, including China, the U.S., the European Union, India, Japan, the Russian Federation, and other countries, according to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). China is not the only country that contributes to climate change.

2. Trump's idea that focusing on clean and beautiful air will solve global warming

In this tweet Donald Trump thinks the air should be “clean and beautiful.” The air is not “clean and beautiful,” because due to human activities such as burning fossil fuels causes heat in greenhouse gases to become trapped instead of being released from the atmosphere, according to NASA. The current carbon dioxide level is 402.56 parts per million compared to below 300 parts per million in 1950.

3. Trump's assumption that cold weather in NYC is evidence that global warming does not exist

It may be freezing and snowing in NYC, but according to the article by NOAA, “2015 Second Warmest Year on Record for U.S.” 2015 was the warmest year on record with the global temperature at 87 degrees Celsius. The 10 warmest years have occurred since 2000, with the exception of 1998, according to NASA.

4. Trump's statement that all weather events are created by climate change scientists to increase taxes

Though Donald Trump may think that “global warming hoaxsters” use all weather events to increase taxes, extreme weather events are a result of climate change. According to an article published by The Washington Post, “The surprising way that climate change could worsen East Coast blizzards,” Winter Storm Jonas is connected to warm ocean temperatures off the East Coast and the slowdown of ocean circulation in the North Atlantic, called the cold ‘blob’. This connection can have dramatic weather consequences, which the East Coast has witnessed with the blizzards.

5. Trump's tweet that says the planet has record low temperatures despite the highest recorded temperatures in the past year

Donald Trump’s tweet that the planet has record low temperature is false, considering the fact that the global temperature is the highest it has been. To further add to the increase in temperature, the sea level is increasing by 3.3 millimeters per year with the current sea level at 72.5 millimeters, according to NASA. Land ice, especially in Antarctica, is losing about 134 billion metric tons of ice per year and even the Artic sea ice minimum is declining at a rate of 13.3 percent per decade, according to NASA. All of these vital signs are due to increased global temperatures.

6. Trump's assumption that local weather is relevant to global climate

Donald Trump may have gotten one thing right in this tweet that climate change is costly with the effects it is causing globally. In 2015, 10 major weather events occurred, including the severe drought in California, two flooding events, five severe storm events, a wildfire event, and a winter storm event, according to NOAA. All of these weather events were a consequence to climate disasters based on NOAA’s “Billion-Dollar Weather and Climate Disasters: Overview.” These recorded disasters had losses exceeding $1 billion across the U.S., according to NOAA.

So, Donald Trump though you may feel you are a scientist, claiming climate change is a “hoax,” 97 percent of climate scientists agree that climate change is due to human activities, according to NASA.

To end off on a good note, here is my personally favorite tweet by Donald Trump.

7. Trump's assumption that his I.Q. is one of the highest despite all these tweets about climate change being a hoax