Drunk Conversations

Drunk Conversations

Do the conversations we have when drunk even count?

394
Drunk Conversations

Its safe to say that nothing good comes from drunk conversation. Sure it might end in making new friends and possibly the spontaneous hookup, but at what cost? Pouring your soul out to the guy you've never met before? Puking your guts out in an already overcrowded bathroom? Or my personal favorite, waking up in a completely different setting than the one you remember. So, do drunk conversations really count? ...

If we break it down, drunk conversations are 50% alcohol and 50% all the shit you wish you can say on a daily basis, but society won't accept. In actuality, I suppose we learn more about a person when they are drunk. We are free from judgment and censorship of our own words; quiet a liberating feeling. For instance, the guy I've had a crush on all year could approach me at a party, booze in hand, and I'd confess my deepest darkest secrets to him without question. Yet, if I saw him in any other setting; in line at the cafeteria, getting some work done at the library between classes, it would be a CODE RED. There's a level of security and genuine trust that is understood between two intoxicated people that are hard to find on a daily basis.

Not suggesting you should start showing up to your classes "lost in the sauce," but it made me think why brazen conversations have become scarier than the thought of having monsters under your bed. The only reason I could come up with is that the overall anxiety of the situation is subsided. Nine out of ten times I cower from the conversation is because I am overthinking the possible encounter. I spend so much time in my own head analyzing what could go wrong, what could go right, am I in the right outfit, did he walk in with that girl he is standing next to, OMG he's dating her... zero to one hundred, real quick.

If you are able to relate, don't loose hope. Instead, challenge yourself daily to break out of your comfort zone. The basis of drunk conversation is confidence. Being confident in yourself to strike a conversation with someone you've never met before. Being confident in yourself and your ability to engage others in the things you have to say. Who cares that you had a drink and can't stop talking about your cat that ran away in the 3rd grade! It is important to you and we tend to gravitate more towards people with genuine vibes. So you tell your depressing cat story with pride! And remember, you don't have to be drunk to have a drunk conversation

Keep the vibes