Best Vacation Destinations Around The World
Travel

5 Dream Vacation Destinations Around The Planet

For all of us who can't wait to go on adventures across the globe.

96
https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7775/30164746141_c73bc52ab5_o.jpg

It is the dead of winter in the good ol' Midwest, and needless to say, I've been thinking a lot about the beach lately. I've never left the United States, and I have recently had a huge desire to travel, and see the world. I have had the urge to travel across countries and continents, and soak up all that other cultures have to offer. I have been planning my vacations several years in advance, letting my imagination act as my guide. So, for everyone being weighed down by the winter weather, here are 5 dream vacation destinations around our beautiful planet Earth.

1. Honolulu, HI

Image result for honolulu

Yes, this is technically still in the U.S., but after consulting my globe, Hawaii is extremely isolated from our North American continent, and it is settled in the middle of the south pacific. It is about halfway between the states and Eastern Asia, so it is not as close by as you might think. I desperately want to visit, especially the capital city of Honolulu.

2. Positano, Italy

Image result for positano

In my opinion, Positano seems to be one of the many gems on the Mediterranean Sea. It is visually stunning, with gorgeous beaches and breathtaking architecture.

3. Athens, Greece

Image result for athens greece

Ancient Greece was the epicenter of the Enlightenment, and gave us humans some of our most dearly held ideas, such as democracy and music. The United States is quite a young country, so to experience such rich and storied history would make for a fascinating trip.

4. Jerusalem, Israel

Image result for Jerusalem

Speaking of history, Israel is at the center of some of humanity's oldest civilizations in the Middle East. It has major sites for all three Abrahamic religions, making it a common destination for Christians, Jews and Muslims.

5. Tokyo, Japan

Image result for tokyo japan

In terms of cosmopolitan cities, Tokyo takes the cake as one of the coolest. It has cutting-edge technology and plenty of activities for tourists.