The Dreaded Month Of February

The Dreaded Month Of February

Make the best of it.

19
The Dreaded Month Of February

Well, it's February. The month of the most dreaded or romantic time of the year -- based on your relationship status. The month that means there are only three months left until school is over. The month of midterms.

It may be early on in the year, but I'm sitting here, typing, and wondering how in the world February came so quickly. So many things are quickly approaching, and I've come to realize that I'm not prepared for any of them.

It's exam time. It seems like the semester just started -- we've barely learned anything yet, but we're expected to ace an exam on the material.

Valentine's Day. And many of us are wondering how we've ended up in the same place as last year. How we still didn't have a significant other for Valentine's Day and are constantly reminded of the fact by our adorable friends who are in relationships. But hey, no boyfriend means we get to go out with our friends more instead.

Spring Break is so close. Our spring break plans are (hopefully) figured out, but we aren't at all prepared for the spring break madness. People have been working on their "Spring Break bods" for a while now, yet I'm about to go stuff my face with a doughnut... because why not?

We're supposed to know what we're doing this summer. Summer seems so far away. So why is it that we already have to know what we're doing? Internship applications are due so early on in the year, and no restaurants or retail stores back home want to hire people just for the summer. Summer used to be the time when you get a break from reality, but now it's when you realize how crazy the real world can be.

So many things are happening so quickly. Can we just go back to first semester freshman year when I felt as if I had so few responsibilities?

Cheers to a jam-packed month.