I Drank Only Water For 5 Days, And It Was Awful

If you think drinking only water is good for you, think again

60
weight champion.com

Health articles and magazines alike constantly bombard us with food and beverage challenges for "cleansing our bodies." I decided to try one. I drank only water for five days straight, and may I say, it was not the most enjoyable thing I have ever done.

It did have some benefits. I did notice within only two days that my skin cleared up immensely. Eliminating sugary, unhealthy drinks from my diet for a short time made my skin much more vibrant and clear. I also felt much more energized for the first day or so. However, after that, things took a turn for the worst.

After the first few days, I began to feel extremely undernourished. Now, I have always kept a healthy diet so that I can always get the proper vitamins and minerals through my food; however, water gives the body zero energy, and this really affected me.

I began to feel tired constantly the last three days of the challenge. Concentrating on my classes proved to be extremely difficult, and all I wanted to do all day was sleep. I even take vitamins every day to give myself the proper nutrients I need; however, consuming only water for days on end was not giving my body the energy it needed.

Another issue I had during those last few days was the taste of plain water being practically unbearable. By the last day, each sip of water simply made me gag. When you consume only one product that much in such a short time, it becomes unpleasant to your taste buds.

In conclusion, my water drinking challenge did not go as planned. I expected by day five to feel rejuvenated, healthy and energized. Instead, I became disgusted by the taste of water, felt tired and groggy, and wanted nothing more than to drink a good coffee.

If you want to increase your water intake, then by all means go for it. Just make sure you still consume other beverages, and not too much water. Cut down on the sugary drinks, but don't completely cut out your favorites. Health is all about moderation. Find a good balance between water and other beverages, and you should see multiple health benefits, such as clearer skin.

Good luck with your future health endeavors! Just make sure to be smart about what you consume on a daily basis. Don't do what I did and only drink water, I promise you will regret it.