Dorm Room Move-In Tips You Would Not Think Of

Moving into your dorm room, especially as a freshman, is a completely overwhelming experience. I would know since I literally moved in last Friday. Here are some things I wished I had known for those preparing to move in or even for future freshman.

1. Organize your clothes before

Organize your clothes in bins BEFORE you come to campus. This makes putting them into draws so much easier and eliminates unnecessary time spent organizing.

2. Look up how to set up your TV

My roommates and I had no clue how to set up our TV, and it took a couple days to get it all organized. By having this out of the way, you'll be able to start having movie nights ASAP!!

3. Have in mind what side of the room you want to be on

I walked in having no clue what side I wanted to be on, and it literally took an hour of debating to choose. Having this knocked out of the way would have made move-in go by so much faster!!

4. Have command hooks ready

I did pack command hooks, but they were at the bottom of my bags. Finding them was a stressful process as I had many pictures/decor to hang. Also, pack extras as you never know what cute decor you will add to your room throughout the year.

5. Bring a lock

I had to get one shipped to me. I had no clue that my dorm room has a cabinet that can be locked with a lock. Having this is great to put your valuables in or anything else, so it is a good idea to bring one with you just in case.

Finally: RELAX

This is something I wished I had told myself before moving in all my stuff. It is all going work out in the end. Enjoy your move-in with your family as you are really starting this next chapter. It is going have its ups and downs, but I really hope you all enjoy your time in college.