You Shouldn't Support Animal Testing

You Shouldn't Support Animal Testing

There is no good reason out society should still be testing our products on innocent animals.

37

While we go about our lives, there are helpless animals being tested on. Millions of these animals go through cruel and harsh experiments so us humans can have a product that is, as some would say, "tested properly". Each year, in the U.S, more than a hundred million animals are harmed and abused.

Dogs, cats, fish, birds, rats, you name it. Now, how would you feel, say, your innocent pet was taken and tested on for a bottle of your shampoo? Animals don't deserve to be subjected to such tests, they just want to live their lives and when we forcefully test on them, we strip them of choice and the ability to live like they normally would. The testing of animals ultimately should come to an end, the government is wasting money and the potential for the use of reliable research methods not involving animals that may benefit us tremendously.

When a large percentage of these experiments does not provide anything valuable, then how could there be justification for testing? Time and money, and most importantly, animals lives are being put at stake here. There are a handful of animals in the world that do not contract the same illnesses we humans do, so why are we artificially inducing and sadly attempting to get more knowledge of diseases in the human body on animals? Experiments like this are just downright unreliable. You can't expect to find a cure to a disease by trying to give to a living being that doesn't contract these diseases.

Despite that, we still do it. Instead of poking and prodding and at a rabbit, we should promote the use of alternative and effective methods of testing. It is our job as a society to stop this. We need to inform the government with knowledge of practical testing and the extreme potential to make and save money. The facts need to be presented to show those out there that believe in this why they should have a change in mind.

And most drugs tested on animals end up failing in the end! These old and invaluable methods are somehow still not being replaced with reliable tests that cause no forced harm to living animals. Is your eyeliner or hand soap really worth the death of millions of animals?

In this fight, not only is protesting with facts, posters, and letters to government representatives the only thing you can do. A big part of this movement is paying attention to what products you buy. Don't buy a cosmetic if you know that to get it on the shelves, it was possibly forced down an animal's throat. Don't support the mutilation of animals through the process of burning, slicing them open, or starving them just to purchase the MAC cosmetics mascara you love. Some simple research and you will find some awesome and maybe even better alternatives!