Don't Stress And Be Happy

Don't Stress And Be Happy

Life is too short to work and stress our lives away.

154
Don't Stress And Be Happy
Photo Credit- theimpactnews

Some might see the first part of my column this week kind of sad. To me in a way it could be sad, but I don’t see it that way. I see this column as motivation to be happy.

All of us don’t know when our last day could be. The world and human body are both weird and crazy places. To be honest we are lucky to have made it this far. I’m 21 years old and I have no idea if today could be my last day. You normally see yourself growing to be somewhat old so you really don’t think about it when you are this young that today could be your last day. The more I think about this the more I think we were put here for a reason. I truly don’t believe that reason is to go to school for close to 20 years of our lives, and then spend the next 60 to 70 years working a job so we can retire and have money. By the time most people are able to retire they are too old to do anything they wanted to do when they were in their prime. It truly is a dark and vicious circle.

Life is too short to work and stress our lives away. You have to take time to do the things that you want to especially when you are young. I know it’s hard to do a lot of things especially as a poor college kid trust me I know. But you can’t let that stop you. I have had the opportunity to go to a lot of fun and cool places, because I choose to live my life making memories with friends. Sometimes it gets kind of tight for my bank account, but everything seems to work out.

While watching TV the other day I heard someone being interviewed about how they use to be homeless and have no money, but are now famous hip hop artists. Rae Sremmurd said, “I know where I am going to be.” The question had to do with what their thoughts were when they were homeless, scrapping to get by. The brothers who make up the group Rae Sremmurd said they knew they would make it one day so they didn’t stress over what was going on. That quote really speaks to me. Never stress over the small things that are going on right now. One day we will all make it in our own way. Whatever you want in life be happy and don’t worry.