Don't Judge Me For What I Eat

Don't Judge Me For What I Eat

I don't judge you

213
Don't Judge Me For What I Eat
http://www.medicaldaily.com/omnivores-vs-herbivores-how-meat-consumption-affects-our-health-322560

Everyone is different in every way. Everyone talks differently, looks differently, and eats differently. Some people eat certain food based on their religion, their culture, their beliefs, or because of allergies. But just because you may eat something, or not eat it, do not judge other people on what they consume.

Meat is animal flesh that is eaten as food. Humans are believed to be omnivorous. And have hunted and killed animals for meat since prehistoric times. This shouldn’t be new information to you.

In America, the issue of not eating meat has gone far beyond the topics of health and weight loss but has been poured over into ethics and even politics. This shows that these vegetarian choices are not just personal, but also stemming from the culture around us.

There have been many discussions on why people who choose to eat meat are evil. As someone who does eat meat, I find a slight offense to those who say this. Just because I eat something doesn’t mean I should be told I am evil. I grew up eating meat and I was never told that vegetarians are “weird” for not eating meat.

Cries of outrage are often heard from vegetarians about the cruel treatment of the animals being eaten; maybe the problem isn’t the animals being used for food, but the treatment of some in our own agricultural system. Can we really begin to categorize food groups into good or bad? That’s too much.

Vegetarians choose to not eat meat, just like I choose to eat meat.

I do not judge you for your choose and you shouldn’t judge me. The media’s goal is to make us meat eaters feel bad for what we are doing, and provide videos that can leave us uneasy.

I understand you are trying to help your cause and I respect that, but I don’t respect how you are trying to make us feel wrong for our choice.

Through your efforts, though, you have made many people reconsider their diets, but you have also angered some people.

The root of the problem is Americans believe in certain rights. One right we have is the choice. The choice to eat meat or to simply not eat it. But to say it is unethical to eat meat is where the problem happens. Instead of changing the people who eat meat, we can change the laws, the breeders, or even the farms. Animals should be treated with respect when they are living. They should live a healthy and fulfilling life.

While some people may say that eating meat is bad, it is important for the carnivore to enjoy his or her food. Everyone is allowed to have their own opinion about eating meat, but it should not be taken so far to where people are becoming offended.

Animal cruelty should end, but that does not mean people need to stop eating meat. There is a difference that people need to become aware of.

It should be America’s best interest to allow everyone to have their choice; to eat meat or not, and to help breeders and farmers to end animal cruelty.