Don't End The School Year Feeling Regret

You have to do what makes you happy.

24
fashionofpersia.info

Do not let another school year pass you regret. Do not look back on your choices, wasted time and disappointed feelings and feel any remorse for yourself.

Life is too short to spend a day regretting the life you just lived.

I know, I know. This sounds redundant. But, take it from me. I’m just a girl who feels like the past year was full of lost chances, big mistakes and huge regrets. I hate looking back wondering “what if?” I do not like looking back thinking “what could I have changed?” I do not like feeling as though I could have done things differently.

That’s the thing about life. It is ever-changing, fast-pacing, and keeps your heart beating. You only have seconds to make choices, decide things and experience life. You only have a certain amount of time to have life-changing experiences. That’s scary.

Time is limited. Our time is limited. College is bound by four years, all wrapped up in fun and friends. Don’t let anyone take that away from you.

I felt like I had to grow up this year. I saw people around me establishing lives and doing things I couldn’t even imagine. So what did I do? I tried to make big decisions without being ready. I tried to grow up when it wasn’t my time. I tried to find a soulmate when I needed to find my best friend for a lunch date. I tried to find serious jobs when I should have found some fun job down the street. I thought that life was too short to waste time.

But what I did instead was waste time.

Don’t try to grow up too early. Don’t try to force something that isn’t there. You are just going to look back and know that you were actively setting yourself up for failure.

Next year, take your time. Have fun. Be yourself. Don’t try to be someone you are not. I don’t want to feel like this again—so full of what-if. I hate the feeling of what-if. It’s a big mystery.

Some things to keep in mind—people aren’t always going to like your decisions, but it’s your life, not theirs. Some people are going to try to tear you down, (such a cliché) but you have to do what makes you happy.

Next year, it is up to you. It is up to you to make your life one that is not regretful. It is up to you to make your life one that is full of happiness. It is all up to you.