Don't Blink

Don't blink.

For there is no past present without the past, which teaches us how to grow as a person. And there is no future without the present, which aims to create a sense of purpose for the time ahead.

Looking ahead into the future is an enjoyable pastime because people tend to get excited over the prospect of something that has yet to happen. But even still, us human beings need to realize that not everything comes easily in life.

Some things are harder than others and we have to enjoy what we have while we still can.

While today you might be a freshman newly dropped onto the dreadful high school campus, it is almost as if tomorrow you will be playing the role of an adult, going to college, making a life for yourself. Working on a degree. Applying for jobs and internships. Thinking about the future.

Not having one damn clue how you suddenly got this far in life, feeling as though you must have been taking an extremely long nap because there is no way time flew by that quickly. Right?

Be grateful for what you have, and cherish the moments you get to live right now.

And remember not to blink. You don't want to miss anything.