My Best Friend Became My Boyfriend, And I Am So Thankful

My Best Friend Became My Boyfriend, And I Can't Be More Thankful For That

I was and still am ready to face anything in life with you.

172
Personal Photo

There are no words to express how you keep me sane. And how worthy you make me feel. I still cannot grasp how you have the ability to love someone so much. Or how you can laugh at your own jokes. When sometimes they are not even funny (just kidding).

Your flaws are everything to me. Even when you doubt yourself just know that you always have me. Your ability to love me for who I am is insane. I never even knew it was possible for someone to compliment me so much. It is crazy!

You have loved me from the beginning. All the difficult and hard times. Not only that but joyful times too. Through everything.

You have loved me harder when I have been at my absolute worst. You have never once doubted me but lifted me up and motivated me to push myself even further. You keep loving me even when there is every opportunity to call it quits. You hold me when I push you away. And keep holding me when I cry.

Not only have you pushed me, you motivate me to make friends when I feel alone. Even at my lowest, you get me to love myself and make me feel beautiful.

And for anyone reading this, people often say there are hard times in relationships — and they are right. I will not believe it for a minute if someone says things are perfect. Everybody goes through things. Times get rocky and upsetting. But I am here to tell you that relationships are about communication with and commitment to one another.

It is the time and effort you both put into it. Even through the rocky and unbearable times, it comes to show how much stronger you guys can become and how strong your relationship is.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.