Donald Trump: The Modern Reagan?

Donald Trump: The Modern Reagan?

Trump seems to be following in the footsteps one of our greatest leaders

41
Donald Trump: The Modern Reagan?

Donald Trump is our new elected president and whether people agree with it or not, he is here to stay for at least the next four years and we need to just deal with it for now. While a portion of the country are fully against Trump's reign, there is something we all need to consider: Ronald Reagan. Reagan and Trump are nearly one in the same person and that could be a good sign.

1. Few people believed either of them would be elected

Few thought former Hollywood star Reagan could be president, but was elected twice. Few thought business guru Trump could ever be a serious candidate, until he was recently elected.

2. Both were never involved in Washington before presidency

Reagan was a governor of California and Trump never held a political office.

3. Neither Reagan or Trump were viewed as serious candidates.

Reagan was ridiculed for not taking his campaign seriously and for being a mid-level actor. Trump was also criticized for not being serious, as he was a reality TV star.

4. Both share passion for what they each believe in.

Michael Reagan, Ronald's son, said that Trump speaks with the same type of passion his father conveyed. He says that is why Trump won, because just as his father, Trump speaks off the cuff and from his own passion.

5. Each of them had similar views on illegal immigration.

Trump's campaign was focused around our lack of border security and his promise to keep our jobs in America. Reagan signed the Immigration Reform and Control Act that make it illegal to hire illegal immigrants.

6. Both began as a Democrat and eventually became a Republican.

Reagan was a liberal Democrat, but he backed Richard Nixon and eventually registered a s Republican.

7. Both have been television stars

Reagan hosted "General Electric Theater" in '50s and "Death Valley Days" in '60s. Trump had his own reality shows, "The Apprentice" and "Celebrity Apprentice".

8. Both shared the same slogan and views.

Reagan prominently featured the "Make America Great Again" slogan and Trump claimed it for his own campaign.

9. Reagan was the first president who was ever divorced.

Trump will be the second.

10. Both Trump and Reagan were for the same things.

Pro-life, defending gun rights and the 2nd Amendment, and favoring tax reductions are just a few.

Ronald Reagan ending up being one of the country's greatest leaders, from Reaganomics to ending the Cold War. Trump is following in Reagan's footsteps to an almost exact science. Coincedence?