Is President Elect Trump Fit To Run America?

Trump appointed a neo-nazi as chief strategist, and settled in his Trump U lawsuit

10
theresurgent.com

Since Donald Trump has become the president elect, some things have been impossible to ignore. Along with his cabinet choices, and tweets, he and his VP Mike Pence have made headlines for all the wrong reasons.

1. Steve Bannon

Yes, you heard right. Trump announced he appointed Stephen Bannon, who is known by many as a “Neo-Nazi,” who is also the controversial executive chairman of far right website Breitbart News, as chief White House strategist and counselor.

Many have protested against this and advice Trump to fire him. Bannon is accused of having ties to the white nationalist movement, and he’s been accused of promoting racism and misogyny on his site. 169 Democrats in the white house have even signed a letter to revoke Bannon’s appointment.

2. Trump U Settlement

I mean could you imagine the President going to trial for a lawsuit? Could it get any worse than that? I guess the right answer is Yes, anything is possible with Trump. Students at Trump University paid up to $35,000 in tuition for a programs that, according to the testimony of former Trump University employees many were unqualified instructors. Students felt robbed and now Trump will pay $21 million to settle the two California class-action suits and $4 million to settle with the New York attorney general.

3. Trump angry at Hamilton Cast

Trump took to twitter to ask the Hamilton broadway cast to apologize to VP elect Mike Pence for speaking their mind and voicing their opinion. Before Pence left the theatre, actor Brandon Victor Dixon asked him to stay a moment so he could read a message from the cast.

“We sir, we are the diverse America who are alarmed and anxious that your new administration will not protect us, our planet, our children, our parents, or defend us and uphold our inalienable rights,” Brandon said. “We truly hope this show has inspired you to uphold our American values and to work on behalf of all of us,” he added. “This is one American story told by a diverse group of men and women of different colors, creeds and origins.”

We can all be the judge of this, but if you ask me, there was no harassment in that speech.

Very rude and insulting of Hamilton cast member to treat our great future V.P. Mike Pence to a theater lecture. Couldn’t even memorize lines!” Trump wrote later in a tweet posted at 7:32 p.m. ET on Saturday night prior to deleting it.

How do we live in a world where a man can say, “grab her by the pussy” and consider it locker room talk, but when asked to listen to a heart felt message they are attacked? Since when is practicing your first amendment wrong? Has Trump forgotten that this is a democracy, not a dictatorship?