No, Donald, Hillary Is Not Going To Raise Taxes On The Middle Class

Hillary wants to make sure the wealthy, Wall Street, and corporations pay their fair share in taxes.

4
abcnews.com

This past week a new Trump ad began circulating around social media. The ad claimed that Hillary Clinton is going to increase taxes on the middle class. In fact, it includes Hillary's own speech in which she supposedly states she was going to raise taxes on the middle class at a rally this past week with Warren Buffett. There is something wrong with this claim, though... that is not what Hillary said. She clearly says we are going to have more fair rules for the middle class and "aren't" going to raise taxes on the middle class. Even in Donald Trump's ad when slowed down one can clearly hear Hillary Clinton say "aren't."

Nowhere in Hillary's tax plan at http://Hillaryclinton.com does she claim to raise taxes on the middle class. Opposite of Donald Trump's claims, Hillary wants to make sure the wealthy, Wall Street, and corporations pay their fair share in taxes... unlike Donald himself.

As president, Hillary will:

• Restore basic fairness to our tax code. Hillary will implement a “fair share surcharge” on multi-millionaires and billionaires and fight for measures like the Buffett Rule to ensure the wealthiest Americans do not pay a lower tax rate than hardworking middle-class families. She’ll close loopholes that create a private tax system for the most fortunate, and she’ll ensure multi-million-dollar estates are paying their fair share of taxes.
  • Close corporate and Wall Street tax loopholes and invest in America. Hillary will close tax loopholes like inversions that reward companies for shifting profits and jobs overseas. She will charge an “exit tax” for companies leaving the U.S. to settle up on their untaxed foreign earnings. She will close tax loopholes that let Wall Street money managers pay lower rates than some middle-class families. And she’ll reward businesses that invest in good-paying jobs here in the United States.
  • Simplify and cut taxes for small businesses so they can hire and grow. The smallest businesses, with one to five employees, spend 150 hours and $1,100 per employee on federal tax compliance. That’s more than 20 times higher than the average for far larger firms. We’ve got to fix that.
  • Provide tax relief to working families from the rising costs they face. For too many years, middle-class families have been squeezed by rising costs for everything from child care to health care to affording college. Hillary will offer relief from these rising costs, including tax relief for Americans facing excessive out-of-pocket health care costs and for those caring for an ill or elderly family member.
  • Pay for ambitious investments in a fiscally responsible way. Hillary believes that we can afford to pay for ambitious, progressive investments in good-paying jobs, debt-free college, and other measures to strengthen growth, broaden opportunity, and reduce inequality. Hillary will use the proceeds from ensuring the wealthiest and the largest corporations pay their fair share to pay for these investments without adding to the debt.

So Donald, next time you want to convince your supporters that Hillary will raise taxes on the middle class, be sure you do not post a video of her clearly saying that she isn't... and if your supporters are going to believe you, maybe they should actually look up her tax plan... or you, for that matter.