10 Things You'll Definitely Miss When You're Gone To College

If your mom is like mine, take it from me and let her wash everything you own before you go back to school.

11
Haley Houchin

I know you think it's hard to miss anything more than your dog when you go away to school, but there are so many other things that are equally as upsetting to leave behind when it's time to venture back to school. Here's a list of 10 things I almost shed a tear over leaving behind when I go back to school.

1. Home-cooked meals

There is just something about having your mom cook all of your meals for you. It's not the same when you get to school and have to cook for yourself.

2. Good food

It really sucks when you've been eating healthy and then when you get back to college and realize you can't afford food like that, you're back on that mac' and cheese grind.

3. Not having deadlines

It's back to reality once you're back in school. No more beach days and homework galore.

4. Your tan

For us florida kids, we've spent just about all summer at the beach or on the water. You never realize how quickly your tan fades until you don't have the option of being outside all day anymore.

5. Hometown friends

As much as we'd like to, we can't bring all of our hometown friends back to school with us. trust me you guys, If I could pack them in my suitcase, I would.

6. Your family

Let's face it, we all get a little sad having to leave the fam every time we go back to school.

7. Not having to do your own laundry

Honestly, bless my mom for doing my laundry all summer because I hate it more than anything. If your mom is like mine, take it from me and let her wash everything you own before you go back to school.

8. Sunlight

Walking to class outside really just isn't the same as sitting at the beach with your toes in the sand enjoying the sunshine. Here's to sitting in a classroom with fluorescent lighting everyday for the rest of the year.

9. Not having any responsibilities

No more doing whatever you want with your time, it's back to organizing your life in your planner and having every day planned for the rest of the semester. Enjoy your last days of freedom while you can.

10. Okay, your dog

You really will miss that bundle of fluff when you go back to school. But along with missing your furry friends, don't forget to appreciate all the other things you'll miss in your final days left at home.