Do you really need a baby capsule: An honest evaluation

Introduction

72
https://www.maxi-cosi.co.nz/

Babies bring massive changes to your life. With the baby’s comfort becoming the highest priority, you have to adjust, alter, or buy everything to meet their needs. Preparing your vehicle and getting a baby car seat is an obvious addition to that list. In fact, a car seat and baby is a mandatory packaged deal.

Be it the importance of buying a perfect car seat or innumerable options in the market, many new parents find it difficult to make the right purchase. Websites like maxi-cosi.co.nz not only provide you with a variety of supreme quality products but also have plenty of information to guide you through the purchase.

Regardless of your needs and considerations, all car seats can be broadly classified into two main categories. The first is the infant capsule that is suitable for newborns to year-olds, and the second is convertible car seats that work for kids up to 4 years of age.

Convertible car seat v/s infant capsule

A convertible car seat is a single-piece seat that gets attached to your vehicle's seat. Most of these are suitable for kids from 0-to 4 years of age. However, some models can also accommodate older kids up to 8 years old serving the purpose of booster seats.

Based on the recommended age range, seats can be forward or rearward-faced. The larger the age range, the bulkier the seat gets.

On the flip side, A capsule is a two-piece carrier. The base is attached to the seat of the car. The capsule, the part that carries the baby, is fixed on the base. You can also detach the capsule and carry the baby in it when not driving.

These also get attached to prams easily for convenient walking. However, capsules are only suitable for a maximum of one-year-old babies.

Key reasons, parents consider buying a capsule

Mostly the decision to choose the right carrier is personal and depends on your lifestyle and budget. Many new parents prefer capsules as they provide great comfort and adequate support to the delicate body of newborns. Here are some dominant reasons that propel many parents to buy these wonder carriers.

• Capsule allows strapping baby before placing it into the car, avoiding awkward leaning.
  • You can detach and carry the capsule while the baby is still in it, completely undisturbed.
  • Capsules can be easily switched between the car and pram for drives and walks.
  • These make your life much easier when the baby starts to pop into kinder.
  • You can find models that are specifically designed for premature or smaller newborn babies.
  • Things that you need to be watchful of while buying a capsule

One of the biggest considerations while buying a capsule is the budget for multiple-seat purchases. Convertible car seats can accommodate your child for a longer period. They can support your little ones easily up to 4 years of age. While a capsule can do the same only for one year. You need to switch to a car seat as the baby grows thereafter.

This means you have to buy at least two car seats, three if you include a booster seat, to ensure the safety of your child during drives. For that reason, some parents would go straight for the car seats suitable for infants from 0 to 4 years of age.