Rid yourself of the breakouts that have lingered into adulthood

I'm a pizza face, a zit head, a crater face.

Chances are, if you've read past the title, you are too. It's harsh, isn't it, but that's often how I feel. And that's the mental pain; as you know the breakouts are often physically painful, as well.

29
Adult acne. Skincare
I am self-conscious about my skin and feel judged by others.

And I am reminded of my problem nearly every day when I look in the mirror. I see my face and then think about the things I've tried and products I've gone through to try and get rid of the mess.

However, I never quit trying to fix it, and neither should you because there is a way.

You can have your self-confidence back and once again see makeup as a way to enhance your beauty and not cover up your faults.

Do I have it?

But how do you know if you actually have hormonal acne?

Dermatologists mostly agree that there are several signs that you've got it.

First, you're out of your teens and into your twenties when women are most hormonally active.

Second, your breakouts occur roughly monthly and show up in the same place – around your chin and jaw.

Third, the breakouts are the big, painful cysts and not the blackheads and whiteheads most people have at some point in their lives.

And last, you're dealing with stress.

What should I do?

And so if you are dealing with hormonal acne, then how do you clear it up?

I tried all kinds of things like clean diets, exercise, washing my pillowcases… you name it. None of it helped much.

So, I always came back to products that promised a breakthrough.

But that's the real problem – hormonal acne is a complicated issue. It includes a lot of underlying factors. Most of what I tried focused on a single factor in a web of them.

I have to say that the problem with 99% of skincare products meant to help our problem is that it treats us like we're dirty or have dirty habits.

They always approach the skincare routine as a cleanse, rinse, moisturize, repeat – with a dash of guilt thrown in to lower our self-esteem even more.

If not the traditional way, then how?

However, it really isn't about being dirty. It's about dealing with an underlying problem with good habits.

Breakout-prone skin has to have three things to fully correct the problem. You have to exfoliate daily, kill the bad bacteria and control the natural oil being produced by the skin.

And remember that you cannot over dry your skin because that will lead to even more oil being produced and then more breakouts.

Most skin care routines just address the bad bacteria while this routine addresses all three.

So, what's special about another product?

As I mentioned, another problem is that most skin care products use one or two main ingredients that they push as a miracle cure.

The truth is that one or two ingredients are not enough to fix the problem. This is why we've jumped from one product to another with that "special ingredient" so many times.

Instead, the products I suggest contain over 40 ingredients that are all designed to work together to clear up breakouts. They kill bad bacteria, promote good bacteria, and nourish the skin with the nutrients it needs to be healthy and glowing.

In short, don't destroy your skin with facial cleansers full of chemicals. A good cleanser should help unclog pores and reduce acne-causing bacteria as it hydrates and balances the pH of the skin.

So, what's the point?

I know it might feel absurd to go for yet another set of products promising a solution. I know it felt that way for me. But I did it anyway because I didn't want to give up.

After all, these products are healthier beauty products with clean ingredients. They will be good for your skin and better for the environment, while, most importantly, helping you to fix your problem.