DIY Christmas Gifts

10 DIY Christmas Gifts To Make Your Loved One Feel Extra Special

You could just buy them a gift, but that doesn't invoke the same wow factor as a handmade gift from the heart.

156
https://unsplash.com/photos/uOS8e3z3YdU

Sure, you could take the boring way out and buy all your Christmas gifts this year, but there's a certain magic to receiving homemade presents. Plus that will give you an excuse to stay in with a hot cup of spiked apple cider and play your favorite Christmas movies in the background. If you're feeling extra festive, invite some friends over and make a whole thing of embracing the crafting spirit of bonding!

All the gifts on this list can be made in an hour or less and cost $20 or under because giving gifts to your loved ones shouldn't break the bank. The thoughtful notion behind taking time out of your busy schedule to make individual presents will certainly bring cheer to the recipients!

1. Polaroid Picture Coaster Set

Pinterest.com

For the picture lover in your life, try making them a personalized set of unique coasters using their photos! You can pick up everything you need for this project at your local craft store for about $15 and have enough materials to make several sets of coasters! All you need is Modge Podge, ceramic tiles, acrylic sealer, and the paper printout of the photographs you will be using. Modge Podge the photos onto the tile and spray acrylic sealer on top. Add a festive ribbon to tie them together and they're ready to be gifted!

2. Vintage Book Planter

Youtube.com

With plants being all the rage, why not create a one-of-a-kind home for an easy to manage succulent for the plant enthusiast in your life? Make sure you get an idea of their favorite novel and use that as your base. You'll need a box cutter, the book, a few pebbles, soil, plastic for lining, and a succulent to make this gift. The tutorial to get started can be found here Youtube.com. It makes for a unique gift that can't be bought in stores!

3. Mulled Wine Kit

Tasty-yummies.com

Mulled wine has been enjoyed in the winter months since the 2nd century! Festive and cheerful, it is the perfect remedy for a chilly evening! For your kit, you'll need to gather up the ingredients and arrange them in a box for your gift recipient. Make this kit as elaborate or simple as you like with the presentation. Find a printable tag and the recipe to make this delightfully delicious gift to warm the bones here!

4. Teacup Candle

Sarahcapri.com

Everyone knows someone who has a slight obsession with candles. Make them the ultimate lovely candle in an elegant teacup. Instead of sipping tea, just combine the ingredients inside the teacup! An easy how-to tutorial can be found on Jennifer's Site. These charming gifts only cost a few dollars to make!

5. Luxurious Bath Salts or Sugar Scrubs

Pinterest.com

Homemade, organic bath salts and sugar scrubs are such a relaxing gift because they are guaranteed to be potent and all natural! For this gift, you'll need only a few things from your kitchen: salt or sugar, coconut oil, essential oils, lemon, lime, and orange peel shavings. These little vials are adorable but small mason jars also make for a rustic presentation! Easy enough to make with plenty of room for making the scrubs extravagant or sweet and simple. For more information on ingredients, feel free to take a peek at Treehugger.com.

6. Map Art Of Places Traveled Together

Pinterest.com

The travel bugs will be left feeling wonderous with a cutout map of places past traveled! Just print out a few images from Google maps of places you've been together, cut them out in fun shapes, and glue them onto card stock. If you want to make a deep impression, get the piece framed or find a fancy frame at a craft store! This is a one-of-a-kind gift that can continue to have new adventure maps added. For more information, check out Amazon.com for maps of specific locations!

7. Homemade BBQ Rub & Goodies

Pinterest.com

For the cooking enthusiast, this gift idea is a match made in heaven. With a curated spice rub, a couple of kitchen utensils, and a bottle of homestyle barbeque ketchup you'll surely impress your chef pal. Backyard BBQ's this summer will be playing on everyone's minds as this gift is revealed, maybe you'll even have a Christmas inspired BBQ! Reference Countryliving.com for instructions on how to make the rub and homestyle ketchup!

8. Chunky Knit Blanket

Pinterest.com

I don't think there's a soul on the planet who doesn't need a giant chunky knit blanket. What's even better about this gift, is that you get to use your ARMS to knit the massive cozy throw! Ideal for the friend who loves to cuddle up binging Netflix, this comfy gift will be sure to bring the snuggles on. All you need is giant yarn, which can be found for $13 on Etsy.com and you're all set! To learn how to knit this with your arms, check out Peony and Thyme's amazing video!

9. Christmas Stovetop Potpourri

Itsalwaysautumn.com

Everyone loves a festively fragrant house. Surprise your loved ones with a gift that will entice the olfactory senses with scents of cranberry, orange, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg! The mason jar adds a distinctly rustic feel to the appearance of the present and adds a bit of flair. Simple and a recipe for success, this gift is one that will make the entire house smell like Christmas! Yellow Bliss Road has the winning combination for those who want exact measurements.

10. Dip Mix Ornaments

Diycozyhome.com

This gift idea brings a fun twist on pre-measured spice dip mixes to the table. With five savory selections to make, you can find most of the ingredients in your spice rack. For an added touch of holly jolly spirit, funnel the mixes into non-breakable ornaments! The dip mix master, Sprinkle Some Fun has the exact ingredients posted on her site. Although, there's nothing stopping you from using your own favorite mix combinations!

There you have it, ten unique homemade holiday gift ideas for the loved ones in your life. Imagine the sparkle in their eyes when you tell them you made their presents this year! I, for one, can say that it is always such a heartwarming notion when friends or family make me a gift with their own two hands! There's something so magical about giving presents that weren't just bought at a store or ordered online. Regardless of what you decide to do, enjoy the holidays this season!