An Open Letter To My Boyfriend

An Open Letter To My Boyfriend

The long distance is just temporary

11824
An Open Letter To My Boyfriend

My love -

I don't really know where to start. There is so much that I want to share with you (even though you've heard most of it before).

First, yes, I hate that we're apart. But, I'm glad that it's only temporary. Being in a long distance relationship hasn't been easy. But, it has always been worth it and I know that it will continue to be. I cherish our multiple daily phone calls, constant text messages, and especially the weekend Skype-movie dates.

Next, I want to list off things that I never want you to forget (although I could never list everything, these are a few important ones):

1. I appreciate every second of time that you spend investing into our relationship.

2. I love it when you randomly text or call me.

3. I love that you love the Lord and pursue Him.

4. I appreciate that you show me love even when it's hard to do so.

I want to make some promises to you: I promise to always be dedicated to you, to invest in you, and to be faithful to you. I will do my part to communicate honestly and consistently. I will do my best to make sure that my actions match my words. I will always take care of you and love you unconditionally. Even through the hard times, I promise to fight for us. I am fully prepared to go to hell with squirt guns as long as you're by my side.

You need to know that you make me the happiest woman in the entire world. It doesn't take much for you to make me smile and laugh. My favorite place to be is anywhere that I'm with you. You're my favorite human. You are the love of my life. I love everything about you. How tall you are (sometimes I need you to reach stuff), your blue eyes, your big cheesy smile, and your hands that fit perfectly around mine. I love your heart; you serve others fearlessly, you are thoughtful, you are kind to everyone, and most importantly, you are full of Christ and you are not afraid to share it.

We've come a long way since our friendship began 6 years ago. To think that it really all started with a high school dance is crazy to me. Our story isn't really the clearest and the timeline is a little blurry, but it doesn't matter. It's us... as you always say, your crazy meets my crazy.

I look forward to our future. Although I have no idea what God has in store for us, I do know that He intended for us to walk through life together. So, whatever comes our way, I'm glad that at the beginning and end of each day, I will still be able to say that you're mine. I can't imagine my life without you. But, as you always say, I don't have to. I am thankful for that and so much more.

I would like to end this letter with three words. I probably overuse them but I can't think of a better way to express my feelings towards you. These three words hold a lot of meaning and I hope that you are constantly reminded of their truth. So, it is with everything that I am that I say...

I LOVE YOU.