20 Group Disney Costumes For You And Your Girl Gang

It doesn't just have to be the cliche characters from animated movies.

1008
disney group costume ideas
Author's photo

Let's face it, you've been thinking about what you're gonna be for Halloween since last Halloween. When you were little, you had such a hard time picking out what you were gonna be for one night, maybe two if you invited to a Halloween party or you were allowed to dress up for school.

Now it's exciting though because we have a little thing called "Halloweekend" so if we are stuck on a couple of costumes, have no fear because we get to wear all of them.

In addition to having a couple of costume ideas for just you, you can coordinate group Disney costumes for girls and, of course, there's going to be issues with who wants to do what, or who wants to be what.

Worry no more because Disney will ALWAYS have genius ideas for you and your girl gang. It doesn't just have to be the cliche characters from animated movies.

1. Disney Princesses

What we look like at the end of the night vs. what we looked like taking pictures before we went out

Let's face it, everyone wants to be a princess, especially the one that most fits with their personality or their look. Establish the most similar looking, or just well fitting, princess for your Disney squad and start practicing your princess wave. Learn your songs if you aren't already a crazy Disney obsessed person ( wait me? haha no) and TRY to act like royalty on your night out.

2. Villians

When we have to pick which villain to be because we wanna be them all

If you don't want to go the conventional route with princesses, why not convince your Disney squad to do villains instead? It's more fun playing the evil villain anyway, right? If this seems like the right choice for you gals, practice your evil laugh and don't tell any "poor unfortunate souls" about your evil plan.

3. The Seven Dwarfs

"Do we wanna go out four days in a row this year?"

My friends and I did this in freshman year and it's super easy and also super cute. PLUS it's more of a personality test than any online test. Get your Disney squad some cute lil beanies and get creative with your costumes (Also one of the comfiest costumes, I highly recommend).

4. Cheetah Girls 

"No one goes to the bathroom alone"

Also a SUPER comfy costume. You're literally wearing sweatsuits, and you'll look good wearing them too! This Disney costume idea is probably one of my favorite because I know all of the words to every cheetah girls so, nbd.

5. East High Cheerleaders

"What time is it? Party time!"

W-I-L-D Wildcats!! Who WOULDN'T want to be a wildcat for a day? You will actually BE a Disney (cheer) squad so start practicing the routine of "We're All in This Together" and you'll be more than convincing you were in the movies.

6. Characters in Toy Story 

Showing up to the party like...

See, this is a great Disney costume idea because there's not one, not two, but THREE movies worth of characters to choose from. There's obviously Woody, Buzz, and Jessie but there's also the aliens, Lotso, Mr. Pricklepants, or even Mrs. Nesbitt (No? Too far?). Maybe pick your favorite movie out of all of them and narrow it down. Personally, I love all of them and can't rank them for my life, but that's just me.

7. The Incredibles 

Getting off the shuttle from the place you're coming from to the party because the driver is crazy

This isn't just a sub-Parr costume, it's an Incredible costume! See what I did there? Yeah, you can do this with your family, but isn't your girl gang just as much a family as your actual family? I would totally do this costume just because of the awesome masks they wear.

8. Cruella DeVil and Dalmations

'What are you guys supposed to be?"

Cruella DeVil, Cruella DeVil, if she doesn't scare you no evil thing will. Make your friends do a try out of the part of Cruella by doing an impression of her. Whoever is the best evil villain wins the part and the rest of your Disney squad gets to put dots on each other's faces and be a Dalmatian puppy.

9. Characters in Winnie the Pooh

Waiting for that "after a night out" snack to be done in the microwave

Oh bother! This costume idea is also adorbs! All the characters in Winnie the Pooh are wonderful! It's like dressing up as the Seven Dwarfs; just dress the part as the character you feel most you are most similar to.

10. Characters in Alice in Wonderland

Falling for yet another frat boy like...

Also a super fun costume because it shows that everyone's a little mad in your friend group. I'll take the applause later. Anyway, there are so many options to choose from. There's, of course, Alice, the Mad Hatter, the Chesire Cat, the White Rabbit, the Queen of Hearts, Tweedledee and Tweedledum, the March Hare, and so many other odd characters. Oh, and a very Merry Unbirthday to you!

11. Characters of Pirates of the Caribbean 

"So we might have drank all the rum already...oops"

I feel like this movie series is very underrated and I don't know why, because it's so good! Also the fact that it was based on the Disney ride makes it a touch better for the Disney superfans! The smell of that ride...amiright ladies? (you know what I'm talking about) Anyway, you don't even have to dress up as everyone in the movie because there aren't a lot of options. You can even dress up as the lady pirate that was the damsel-in-distress before on the ride.

12. Characters in Peter Pan 

"I shouldn't go out, I have work/ class tomorrow"

Another easy and fun one! If there's still more people after Peter Pan, the Darlings, Tinker Bell, Mr Smee and Captain Hook are taken (wow you have a lot of friends), have no fear because the Lost Boys are still here!

13. Inside Out emotions

Trying to catch your friend who might have had a few too many and doesn't wanna go home

This movie is newer than the others, but still a good one to copy costume ideas from. Once again, it's like a personality test and a costume in one. I'd most definitely be disgust because I'm not proud to say how judgmental I am, but own your emotion girls, and run with them! Make them into Halloween costumes!

14. Wilderness Explorers (from Up)

Watching your Snapchat story the morning after

Up is one of Disney's best movies by far and if you don't cry when you watch it, you don't have a soul! Just kidding, but seriously? What is wrong with you? Okay, but I feel like making this costume would be just as fun as wearing it because you get to go back to your Girl Scout days and wear badges and khaki shorts and a sash and high socks. If only the costume came with Girl Scout cookies!

15. Three Cabelleros

My friends and I because we're all cuddly and touchy when we've had a few drinks

Is there three of you and your gal pals that wanna do a Disney costume? Are you said to be three birds of a feather? The Three Caballeros is the perfect costume for you! If you're not familiar with these three birds, there is a movie but also a ride in Mexico in Epcot. It's in the pyramid but it's kind of hidden in the back left. There's usually a very small line, if there is a line. Next trip to Disney World, I would suggest going!

16. Disney Channel Games contestants 

My two attitudes when boys try to flirt... there is no in between

Alright who remembers the Disney Channel Games? I would always root for the team with Either Zac Efron or Nick Jonas! This costume is 100% going to be the most comfortable because you're wearing sweats and a t-shirt! What could be more easy?

17. Sanderson Sisters (from Hocus Pocus)

When you and your girls spot some cute puppies on the street

Hocus Pocus, A.K.A one of the best Halloween movies of all time, should definitely get a year dedicated to them for your girl gang costume. They may be evil, but you can't help but love them. Go ahead put a spell on some boys to turn them into cats for eternal damnation.

18. Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather (from Sleeping Beauty)

Rolling up with your squad like...

Another idea where it only requires a few friends. Get creative on this one, maybe if you don't wanna wear the whole big dress and hat thing, maybe try a smaller dress or maybe even a tutu! Tutus will always work in any situation! The hats are probably easier just because they're witch hats. Don't get caught on witch hats though, because they are most certainly not evil, nor are they witches!

19. Jungle Cruise Skippers

Shooting down all the guys that ask you to dance

Rebloggy

If you really wanna go the extra mile because all of your girl gang is Disney-crazed, I would suggest this idea. It's original, and if you're a punster, it's your chance to get away with it.

20. Disney Original Characters

When your friends are taking too long to get ready

Last but CERTAINLY not least, are the original characters of Disney! They most certainly are the most recognizable and are probably easy if you wanted a DIY costume. Six characters should be enough for your whole gang, but if you need more people, you can always go for Scrooge McDuck, and Huey, Dewey, and Louie.