Why a Disney Cruise Is Worth It

Why a Disney Cruise Is Worth It

If you love the Happiest Place on Earth and cruising and if you haven't gone on a Disney cruise yet, then what are you waiting for? Taking a Disney cruise is one of the best decisions you'll ever make. While a Disney cruise is a little pricer than some of the other options, it is totally #WorthIt.

35
Why a Disney Cruise Is Worth It
Cruise Maven

My Disney cruise was so much more magical than I ever could have imagined, but I have nothing else to compare it to, as I have not had much experience with cruises. My friend Selin Yildirgan, who has been on several cruises summed up the Disney cruise experience perfectly: "Out of all cruise lines I've sailed with, Disney Cruise Line has never failed to bring out its understated Disney magic and top notch entertainment and hospitality on each and every sailing. It's a Disney lover's dream!"

The Sweetest Ships

Disney Dream Atrium

Pass Porter

Disney boasts quite the impressive fleet. Imagine the luxury of Disney's finest resorts, the beauty of the architecture, and the innovation of Disney's imagineering- all on sea. Disney's first ship was The Magic, followed by The Wonder, The Dream, and The Fantasy. Several of the Disney ships have water slides, and all ships have multiple pools- each ship also has an adults only pool so you can find a quiet place to relax and chill. If you're a thrill seeker, Disney Dream's AquaDuck gives you stunning sea views as you ride through the water slide! The ships have gorgeous works of art, Easter Eggs, and incredible views. Pay attention to the little things. Take the time to really explore the ship. The ship itself is a work of art. The ship also offers plenty of options for entertainment, such as movie theaters, live musical or theatrical performances, character meet and greets, clubs, spas, and gyms. There are also plenty of outdoor opportunities for recreation, so be sure to keep up date with the schedule of events. The themed deck parties, Pixar Pals, Star Wars, and Pirates Night, are not to be missed. The parties vary by the type of cruise you go on and when you travel. However, the Sail-Away Celebration when the ship departs is on all cruises and really sets the magical tone for the rest of your vacation. Picture high school homecoming but with a fireworks show. The fireworks will blow your mind. They are the most impressive I have ever seen and there is plenty of music to jam out and dance to.

The Finest Food

Ahi Tuna Tartar

Disney Parks

DIsney's dining experience is truly remarkable. The dining rotates, so when you board the ship, you pick a time to dine each night and are assigned a rotation. Each party gets to go to the same restaurants, but the order in which you eat at what restaurants varies. Disney has themed restaurants on their cruises. Some of the best are The Animator's Palate, The Enchanted Garden, Lumiere's, Royal Court, and Tiana's Place. Some of the more deluxe menu items (remember, this is all included in the cost of your cruise, so you don't pay for food separately) include escargot (it's actually kind of good), pasta purses with truffles, prime rib, ahi tuna tartar, lobster, and a to-die-for crème brûlée. The food is all included in the price and the dining consists of multiple courses. I had to leave early on my first night, but my waiters were kind enough to package my dessert I missed and send it back to my stateroom. There are also plenty of casual options (pizza, macaroni, burgers, chicken fingers, etc.) onboard that you can eat at whenever you choose, as well as unlimited ice cream. Yes, unlimited ice cream!

The Disney Touch

D23

If you've ever been to any of the Disney theme parks or resorts, you know their customer service is unparalleled. Their cruise lines do not disappoint. When you walk on the ship, the crew will be lined up to greet you and say "welcome aboard" and announce your name. On the Disney Dream, we could not have asked for a better experience with the staff. We had the same waiters stay with us for every single night at dinner. They make an effort to get to know you by name and even bring out games to play in between courses. Be prepared to be called Prince or Princess and feel special. We also had a personal concierge who was extremely helpful and each night when we came back for dinner, we found unique, artistic, personalized towel arrangements in our stateroom. Also, at the port of call, when you come back to the ship the cruise line has complimentary cold drinks and cold, wet towels waiting outside the ship in the cruise terminal to cool you off after a day of adventuring. Their employees are genuinely kind and enthusiastic and make your trip memorable. The superior customer service is a significant part of what makes Disney Cruise Line so special.

Castaway Cay

Serenity Bay

Meghan Scott

If nothing else has convinced you to take a Disney cruise, this should. Disney has their own private island in the Abaco island district of the Bahamas. All Caribbean and Bahamian Disney cruises stop here for a day. Castaway Cay is a destination in and of itself. The island is decorated with the usual Disney theme. There is an awesome water slide, the Pelican Plunge, in the middle of the ocean (you can easily walk/swim to it), buffet-style BBQ restaurants, and plenty of recreational options. You can snorkel, swim with stingrays, sail, kayak, or play sports, such as tetherball, soccer, or volleyball. There is also music and dancing. You can rent equipment, as well on the island. For the adults, Serenity Bay is an 18 and up only beach that probably has the best views and is truly tranquil. If you really want to indulge in some relaxation, open-air massage cabanas are located at Serenity Bay. If you're a fan of characters, there are plenty of Meet and Greets on the island- you can have your picture taken with several Disney characters, including Lilo and Stitch. If you get worn out, the island also has a tram. You can even send your family or friends a postcard from the post office!