Yoga has become an inseparable part of our lives today. And why not? It was already in existence, for 5,000 years, but many people never took it seriously. But the pandemic changed the ball game. Now, everybody is into yoga. However, not every yoga style is for every practitioner. Some people tend to forget that. You will hear of different names, like Hatha yoga, Ashtanga-Vinyasa yoga, and Kundalini Yoga in India. The forms of yoga are as diverse, as the people around us.
Earlier, only a handful of people practiced yoga. However, most national governments today, has made it a compulsory subject in schools, colleges, and work establishments as well. However, many people see yoga as just a fitness discipline. It is definitely so. But, a lot more as well. Yoga is about the well-being of the mind, body, and the soul. You will find people embarking on a spiritual journey, through yoga. If you are someone, who wants to make yoga your career, you must go for the ultimate course, the 300 Hour Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training In India after the basic one.
But, before you do that, find out your style.
Different Types of Yoga
- Hatha Yoga is something, that you may be familiar with. It is the first type of yoga, that any learner encounters. You can learn Hatha Yoga, even if you do not want to become a teacher. Its main aim is to balance the body. Most people will associate yoga with physical postures and contortions. Hatha Yoga can include such body postures and movements, but it also includes other things. You will also learn breathing techniques and meditation as a part of the course. Hatha Yoga also encompasses all yoga forms, so all the yoga forms that you are going to study are Hatha, but Hatha Yoga is distinct in its own right. Moreover, you must master Hatha Yoga, before you venture towards other yoga forms.
- Kundalini Yoga comes next. Also called the Yoga of Awareness, the 500 Hour Kundalini Yoga TTC In India is the ultimate in the genre. After you complete the course, you will have complete mastery on the realm. It mainly awakens the Kundalini Shakti, which is a female energy that lies at the base of the spine. Once you awaken the shakti, you can feel the power in your entire body. It is more about the mind and spiritual journey, than about the body. It is in fact, one of the yoga forms, that will help you to conquer things, you have only dreamt of. Chants and kirtans form a large part of the form. Furthermore, it is a very advanced form of yoga, which you should attempt, only after you would have completed the basics.
- Ashtanga Yoga comes next. It is directly related to Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras. You can call it the ultimate bible for all yogis. It is one of the most dynamic and physical form of yoga, which is divided into six series. It follows a set sequence of asanas, wherein you focus more on the breath patterns, rather than remembering the asanas sequence. However, this asana form is not for the faint-hearted, and you have to master forms like Hatha Yoga before you can actually migrate to such higher forms. The ultimate purpose of Ashtanga Yoga is the purification of the mind and body. In Ashtanga Yoga, the main focus is on the breath and not on the pose itself. Moreover, it takes more than 90 minutes to complete a full class.
- Vinyasa Yoga is another widely popular style of yoga, which links breath and movement. The poses are linked with one another, with breath. It is a free style yoga regimen, where the poses do not follow any rigid structure. Each class is different in this form of yoga. So, you need to be guided by a teacher at all times. You have the liberty to explore poses from the Ashtanga series.
- Iyengar Yoga – It is another form of Hatha Yoga, that is quite popular in the southern states in India. It focuses more on the physical aspects of yoga, rather than the spiritual side of it. However, you cannot call it a free flow form of yoga. You have to hold the postures for a length of time. Many practitioners often use props, like straps, blocks and blankets to get the postures right. If one is looking for physical benefits, then this is the yoga form for you.
These are the most popular yoga forms, that are practiced in india. Moreover, western learners are interested to master such forms today. You can head to Kundalini Yoga Ashram, to learn and master these yoga forms.
The Popularity of Kundalini Yoga
The 500 Hour Kundalini Yoga TTC In India is one of the teacher training courses, that can give you the best training in spiritual yoga. Today, you will come across many yoga practitioners who are more inclined toward the spiritual side. Kundalini yoga bestows lots of benefits on the practitioners. Here area few of them.
- Kundalini Yoga in India is one of the forms that can strengthen your nervous system. The yoga poses that you practice, have a toning effect on the muscles. The stronger the nerves, the better it is for you.
- It also increases your will power. Kundalini yoga works on the Solar Plexus, which is one of the chakras aligned on the nadi called Sushumna nadi. You can process and digest events in a better manner, when your will power is very strong.
- The regular practice of Kundalini yoga also enhances brain power. It can actually clear the fogginess of the mind. When you are doing it on a regular basis, you will slowly notice an increased alertness and concentration.
- You will also be able to nurture and hone your creative skills, through the regular practice of Kundalini yoga. After some time, you can see your creative genius unfold before your own eyes.
You should, as a yoga teacher learn about various yoga forms, so as to serve your students in a better manner. Not all forms suit every other person, so you need to teach styles that your students can adapt to.