What Is The Difference Between Acupressure Vs Acupuncture?

Acupressure or Acupuncture? Which is more effective acupressure or acupuncture?
403

There is a difference between acupressure and acupuncture, although they can achieve very similar goals. These are administered by practitioners that have been doing this for years or decades, with the objective of reducing or eliminating the physical or mental pain that someone is feeling. Both of these can also be used for many other reasons related to improving your health. Let's first define each one, and then show you what the difference is between acupressure vs acupuncture.

What Is Acupressure?

Acupressure is an ancient art of healing developed in the Orient thousands of years ago. It was recognized that by applying pressure to the body, at certain locations, they could affect a positive change. Using their fingers, they were able to press firmly enough at what is called Meridian points to improve the flow of an energy in the body called Chi. this is an energy that is recognized by those that practice both acupressure and acupuncture, though it is not recognized by modern science. However, modern science must admit that both of these ancient methods for healing our working because of the millions of people that have shown vast improvements using these treatments. In conclusion, acupressure is about applying pressure at certain points of your body. Acupuncture is similar but in a distinctly different way.

What Is Acupuncture?

Source: www.nhs.uk

This is very similar to acupressure except needles are used in the process. Small needles are inserted into the skin over what is called meridian or acupuncture points. These points are simply areas of the body which have been determined to be conduits of the energy called Chi. Sometimes the energy is blocked, and by using these needles, and the intention of the practitioner, the blockage can be removed and flow restored. Just like acupressure, it can help relieve pain and much more.

What Benefits Do These Treatments Provide?

The benefits of acupressure include releasing muscular tension, improving blood circulation, and helping to reduce pain. It can also be very therapeutic in regard to stress. Both of them can promote the proper flow of Chi through the body which is thought to be the life force that we all have. Since each of these provides very similar benefits and is administered in similar ways, what is the difference between acupressure vs acupuncture? The main difference is that acupressure uses a flat pressure on the surface of the skin whereas acupuncture uses thin needles to pierce the skin to manifest the same results.

If you have been hesitant to try something other than modern medicine for ailments that you have, you should think about acupressure or acupuncture to help you. If you are suffering from depression, bipolar disorders, chronic pain, or even migraines, either of these can help with those problems. Now that you know the difference between acupressure vs acupuncture, you should compare the different practitioners that provide this type of service. Look for reviews for either one of these professionals, and set your appointment today. Whether you choose to do acupuncture with needles, or simply have pressure applied to your skin through acupressure, you will see noticeable results.