We Didn’t Date, But I Still Deserved Respect

For the girls with a f*ckboy in their lives

29
Unsplash

Dear Immature College Boy Who Wasted My Time,

We didn’t date, and that’s perfectly fine, but that didn’t mean you could treat me the way you did. You know better than most people what I’ve been through in the past, so to be treated by you in similar ways is shocking to say the least.

It’s unfortunate that you see a difference between treating a girl properly and being a decent person because there truly is no difference. I was never your girlfriend, which means that you were never inclined to take me out on dates or hold my hand in public. I never expected any of that. Instead, what I expected was for you to respect me and my time, and realize that I wasn’t there for you to mess with physically and emotionally whenever you felt like it. You owed me nothing more than the respect you give and show your friends, but you couldn’t even deliver that to me on its most basic level.

I can no longer count on two hands how many times you disrespected me or purposefully gave me ambiguous answers to serious questions simply because you couldn’t confront your own feelings. Your games were never fun, and they never will be—for anyone.

What you clearly have yet to realize is that you lost a girl who cared for and respected you as an individual—as a friend—and you didn’t even have the decency to say goodbye to her. You walked out of my life and never looked back, neglecting our friendship in the process. The worst part was realizing just how little I meant to you all this time.

I no longer have the patience to involve myself with people who waste my time and play with my feelings like they’re part of some game. I was always there whenever you needed me, but you couldn’t extend that same courtesy any of the times I asked.

Immature college boy, learn to treat a girl correctly because maybe once you do, you’ll realize that the reason you’ve been single all this time wasn’t out of personal choice; it was because you’re an utter asshole.

Sincerely,

The Girl Who Was Always Too Good For You