DEVELOPING: Widowed Man Inherits Sole Custody Of Doll-Child

Klamath Falls, OR

251
Pexels.com

Margery Katrimest, one half of the couple who made quite an appearance last month at Klamath Falls Fifth Annual Parenthood Convention, has died after sparking a contentious debate about who is qualified to showcase their parenting skills. She was 36, and died this morning at 4:15 a.m.

Questions regarding the safe-keeping of the doll-child steamed through cafes with the coffee this morning, as the sole inheritor is none other than Paul Kami, her ex-partner.

Readers may well recall that the two rose to overnight internet fame when they showcased a doll named Dudu Fons as their first and only son.

Rachel Lubininski, a self-titled “Real Mother,” attended the Fifth Annual and was among many others who were outraged by the appearance.

“A doll and a kid are two different things. A child has a heartbeat. My child has a heartbeat. She needs to be kept alive,” Ms. Lubininski stated last month, “I want recognition for my hard work and parenting innovations in the face of exhaustion.”

Ms. Lubininski invented an all-new rig for breast-feeding which granted greater mobility in the form of a 30 ft. siphon, if slightly at the expense of mother-to-infant intimacy.

When asked this morning for a statement, she held firm to her beliefs: “It doesn’t make much of a difference whether or not she’s dead, does it? The doll doesn’t need food, water, or shelter.” Her family, who could be heard huddled around the telephone, stayed silent. She added, “May she rest in peace.”

Paul Kami still lives in the home he and Ms. Katrimest shared, but reportedly has not even opened the door to Dudu Fons’ room since her passing.

“Dudu’s going to collect dust in that room,” Regina Katrimest, Margery’s mother, told the Times. “I would take Dudu away, but without sole custody, it would count as a kidnapping.”

The Times asked if Mr. Kami would consider a transfer of custody, but as it turns out, no one thought to ask.

Last month, Mr. Kami appeared resigned and passive. When asked about his experience raising a doll-child, he grumbled, “If it makes her happy.” The couple split in the weeks following. Many claim Dudu played a part in their separation.

UPDATE 6:30 p.m. CST

Paul Kami has released a statement regarding the unexpected departure of his long-term partner, and the new burden of responsibility as a single dad. Read below:

“I will take care of my son. Dudu may not be my flesh and blood, but he loved my partner, and she loved him. This is what she wanted. It will not be easy, but it’s the right thing to do. Dudu has a part of my Margery in him, he reminds me of her passion, her dedication to being a mother. I can’t pass this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity up. Thank you to all my family, friends, and the citizens of Klamath Falls for their unconditional support in this trying time.”