10 Ways To Destress During The Crazy Parts Of The Semester

How to restart and refresh during chaotic times!

2477
Photo by energepic.com on Pexels

We are certainly reaching the part in the semester where it feels like I can't keep my head above water. Here are ten things to do about that!

1. Make a plan

One of the best ways for me to destress is to write out all that I need to accomplish and when each thing is due so that I can map out a schedule that allows me to accomplish everything in the most effective and efficient way possible. Sometimes this can feel overwhelming, but as you get things done you can cross them off and it is extremely satisfying and rewarding!

2. Watch your favorite TV show

Watching something familiar and that makes you happy is a great way to adjust your headspace and temporarily escape reality so that you can reset and refresh.

3. Get enough sleep

I know that it can be hard to get enough sleep when you feel like you're drowning in work, but it is essential for your performance that you are keeping yourself well-rested!

4. Take a walk

A walk is a great way to clear your head and improve your mental, physical, and emotional well-being.

5. Meditate

Meditating is not for everyone, and I personally hate stillness and silence, but it can be a really great way to center yourself.

6. Phone a friend

Sometimes calling up an old pal for a laugh and a smile can make a world of difference in how you are doing.

7. Do something you love

Sometimes we just need to remind ourselves of what makes us happy and what little things keep us going!

8. Turn in your assignments on time

This may sound dumb or obvious, but it can be easy for some people to get behind on assignments. Turning them in on time is a key component to keeping your chill and not getting too overwhelmed.

9. Don't overwhelm yourself

It can be easy to keep taking on responsibilities and involvements, but it is important to not take on so many that you cannot catch your breath.

10. Take a deep breath!

Everything will be OK! Don't be afraid to ask for help and take a step back. Take a deep breath, you got this!