#DeleteUber

Uber is a popular ride-sharing company that connects thousands of users around with drivers that provide inexpensive and convenient rides anywhere. Since its launch in 2014, the ride-sharing service has been placed under scrutiny. At first, people feared that Uber would cause traditional companies to go out of business. Uber received large amounts of media scrutiny for every small mistake a driver made, and Uber is not accessible in many major attractions and airports across the United States. Soon after, a class action law suit was brought against Uber for denying riders with service dogs access to their vehicles, which is in violation of the Americans With Disabilities act. Even though this has brought forth major improvements for passengers with service animals who wish to use Uber, it is important to note that many taxi companies around the United States are still denying their services to people with service animals.

On January 29, numerous protests against President Trump’s executive Order On Immigration took place at numerous airports across the nation. At New York’s JFK airport, taxi companies who service the airport suspended the service. Drivers for these companies were perdominently Muslim, and they chose to stand in solidarity with Muslims who had left the United States and could not return for ninety days. Uber still served the John F Kennedy International Airport, but it lowered its fairs in the location of the airport. This action angered millions of Uber users across the United States. Many Uber drivers in the area of the JFK airport are Muslim, and many who were abroad would not be able to return to work and provide for their families for the three months that this order would be active. Since the past events, millions of Uber users have deleted their accounts and told the company why they did so. many people even posted their screen shots on Twitter with the hashtag Delete Uber. People felt that Uber’s CEO was siding with President Trump, even though he is finding a way to compensate his partners who are currently stranded abroad.