You Are Not Defined By Your Anxiety

You Are Not Defined By Your Anxiety

This is a tiny part of you, not all of you. You are not fighting your battle alone.

18
You Are Not Defined By Your Anxiety
Dr. Diane Rogers

You are not your anxiety. You are not what you think you are. You are not what you think others think you are. You are so much more than any that. You are smart, kind, resilient. You are beautiful, bold, caring. You are so incredibly brave. For being yourself & moving forward. For putting on your strong suit and smile, day in & day out.

High five yourself, pat yourself on the back. You are here. You are living. You are making it. You are surviving, each & every day of your life. Things are getting better. You are getting stronger. Your anxiety does not define you, who you are. Your anxiety is not a sign of weakness.

Most importantly, there is nothing wrong with you. I know every day seems like a battle & it feels like you are always losing. Like you can't handle another day where you feel like your heart might actually explode. Or more accurately, you can't imagine there will be a day that you won't have an attack or you will actually want to leave the house. But rest assured, you will & can power through your days. Some easy, some awful. You just have to handle them all with grace and poise.

I'm sure there is a person or a group of people that really trigger your anxiety. I'm sure they make you feel awful about yourself & doubt your existance. I'm sure they make you question every move you make & action you take. They are nobody. Trust me. I'm sure that they don't even matter. Don't let them break you, don't let them in & don't let them win or get the best of you.

This is YOUR life. You make all the executive decisions based on YOUR happiness. At the end of the day, no one else has to live your life but you. It doesn't affect anyone else's life. If you want to get medicine to help, so be it. If you want natural supplements, so be it. If you want to just go get help through therapy, so be it. If you don't want to get any sort of help, that's okay too! But don't let anyone ever put you down for the path you take. Quite frankly, it's none of their business & does it make a difference in their life? Are they that bored with their life they need to rule yours too? No. The answer is no. Absolutely not.

You mental state does not define you, who you are, how successful you are, or what you will accomplish. It is not a disability. It is not a setback. There is nothing wrong with you. You are OK. You are perfect. You will be just fine. One day you'll wake up and all the hellacious things will be gone. One day you'll find your muse. One day you will be able to breathe again. And it's okay if that day isn't today, or even tomorrow for that matter. But trust me, you will be okay. Better days will come. Take a deep breath & carry on. You got this.