Dear Ex Best Friend

Dear Ex Best Friend

To the friendship that didn't last

212
Dear Ex Best Friend

Dear Ex Best Friend,

So before you tell me how cliche I am being by writing you an indirect letter for the whole world to see. The whole Dear Ex Best Friend letter that every girl makes. But seemingly you deserve this. After all we have been through , right? You deserve a letter from me, the one who didn’t end the friendship. You walked out on me, without an explanation. I feel like I did everything for you. I always was your shoulder to cry on, whether it was a boy, or other girl drama. We cried, laughed, fought and so much more together. We planned a future for each other, we planned on staying friends throughout college. But one day you just walked out; that’s what hurts.

What seems so screwed up to me is that, I really did nothing. I did nothing to end our friendship. I mean still to this day I miss our friendship. We obviously started drifting away, which I could’ve done something about that right? Haha, well actually I did. I tried talking to you, and all I got was an opened 25 minutes ago. That hurt. For you to not even have the common decency to tell me as to why our friendship was ending when I asked, says more about you than me. Yeah I made mistakes throughout our friendship, I ditched you for other people, but that’s apart of the whole friendship thing. No friendship is perfect, you will hang out with other people, you will fight, but that's not worth ending a friendship over; so I definitely know there was something else going on you would never tell me about. In any friendship and relationship there needs to be trust, if there is a problem you need to talk it out with each other. Which actually I felt we did really good, we would always just tell each other without any hurt feelings. But for some reason you changed. You no longer could tell me the things you didn’t like that I was doing. You just sat there and ignored me like we were never friends, honestly like I didn’t exist; that’s what hurts.

Maybe now these days I see the person you truly are. I mean my mom never liked you all that much anyways; I should’ve known. I loved your family, I miss your mom she’s the best. But I’m sorry for her also, because you treat her so poorly. I guess I should also tell you I regret favoriting all your subtweets about other girls when you told me to. With how many good memories, I can just add one horrible one to. Which isn’t okay. Now I’m not only blaming you for those, I am one to add onto. It takes two to tango, right? I miss our laughs so much, but I don’t miss the constant battle of you always one upping anything I do. I miss our car rides, but I don’t miss you always having to have your way. I miss having you there for me, but I don’t miss having one worded responses when I’m coming to you with my problems. So I guess that makes it a little easier to not miss you. But I really do, especially seeing you with the other girl(s) we use to hang out with. It’s hard, I wish things were the same. I guess seeing our old pictures of us laughing, and remembering all our good memories puts a drag on me; that’s what hurts.

I guess, I’ve probably bashed you enough. But I also want to say, thank you. Thank you for every genuine laugh we had, for every good memory, for being there for me 50% of the time. Also, thank you for showing me what kind of friend you are; I now know what to avoid in the future. You showed me your true side, which I have to thank you for leaving me when you did, because if you would’ve dragged the friendship on any longer it would hurt a lot more for me. Which you’re out doing your thing, and I’m doing mine. But some days I will come across a photo of us, or a Facebook memory of us and that’s when I realize our friendship really is over; that’s what hurts.

Sincerely,

Your Ex Best Friend.