Dear Role Model, Thank You

Dear Role Model, Thank You

A message to the person you look up to.

34847
Dear Role Model, Thank You
Kate Schwoch

A role model is someone who you look up to, someone you aspire to be like someday. Maybe you admire their work ethic, their outlook on life, or their passion. They mentor you through hard times and support you through the good ones. Most importantly someone who you can trust. Some of us have multiple role models, some can barely find one. No matter who your role model is, whether it is a parent, a sibling, a teacher, or a friend, etc. Thank you.

Thank you for making me the person I am today,

Maybe you knew you were doing it, maybe you didn't. On my hardest days you pushed me to be my best and somewhere along the way helped me start to become the best version of myself. I looked to you when I went through the darkest moments of my life, and I shared with you the happiest memories I had. Through the ups and downs you were the person I could turn to and best of all, I could trust you.

Thank you for being you,

Sometimes being yourself is that hardest person to be. The fact that you have shown me the type of person I can be makes me want to aspire to be better. Because of you I continue to push myself. My head no longer stops my heart, I can now follow my dreams and become something great.

Thank you for never giving up,

Because you never gave up on your dreams, I never gave up on mine. Because of your strength and passion I found motivation to do the best that I could. You pulled out my inner strength and I can't emphasize how much that means to me. Even when things got difficult for you, you never threw in the towel.

Lastly,

Thank you for teaching me how to be a role model to someone else.

Whether it is known or not, everyone is a role model for someone. We are the "cool" ones to someone out there. Everyone has someone looking up to them wanting to be just like them. One of the hardest things to learn is how to be a good role model. Even though it is forgotten sometimes, someone is watching us, don't let them down.

Thank you for being someone I can look up to and learn from. I wouldn't be who I am without you.